lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2022, 11:23 AM   #31
cfurtick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another battery question - 2021 Valor - cart crawls after a few minutes

yeah, it sounds like the batteries are the culprit :(

I'll have access to a 48V charger tomorrow, I'll give it one more try to see if the results are any different.
cfurtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2022, 10:52 AM   #32
cfurtick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Another battery question - 2021 Valor - cart crawls after a few minutes

Just following up here with results from the different charger.

I used a relatively new Accusense 48 mag charger on the cart over the weekend.

It seemed to charge the batteries similarly to the Delta.

Total voltage immediately after the charger stops is around 54ish volts.

So I don’t think the Delta charger needs to be programmed etc.

I can say they the cart is much quick now after cycling the charger several times over the past week or so.

It takes the hills without slowing to a crawl.

I’m not sure why the Delta charger wasn’t fully charging but if I cycle it a few times the batteries seem to respond well to the extra charging.

I very mich appreciate you guys and your advice !
cfurtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #33
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Put volt meter on batteries as you drive. And see how quick they recover.thinking they will not recover above 80% after a short drive.
Measure voltage before charging after short ride. Voltage still 90% after 30 minute ride?
Having to do back to back charges is sign batteries are on there way out.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:09 PM   #34
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you have or know anyone with an 8 volt charger ? If so I would charge each battery individually two times back to back. Then take it for a spin. It might be one or two batteries that are a little low and not getting topped off charging the entire pack. A battery pack is only as strong as the weakest battery.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO