lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2022, 10:59 PM   #1
Nismo591
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 L6 purchase what to inspect

Looking to purchase a used 2013 ez go express l6 this Sunday. Appears to be in good shape. Any specific things I should look for besides verifying that it is the right year and the year of the upgraded batteries? This will be my first cart for my wife and I. Thank you in advance!
Nismo591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2013 L6 purchase what to inspect

Look at the condition of the body, seats and tires. Check rear end for leaks, battery compartment for corrosion. Make sure it drives straight, lights work, horn works if it has one, brakes work, etc.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #3
Nismo591
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
Look at the condition of the body, seats and tires. Check rear end for leaks, battery compartment for corrosion. Make sure it drives straight, lights work, horn works if it has one, brakes work, etc.
Thank you! Will check that all out. I think I have the right understanding to read the trojan batteries for the year as well since they are newer.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Be warned the L6 carts that are 48 volts are dog slow and cannot be sped up without some major hardware changes.. The 72 volt are a different story.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:23 PM   #5
Nismo591
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Be warned the L6 carts that are 48 volts are dog slow and cannot be sped up without some major hardware changes.. The 72 volt are a different story.
Any indication on how slow? Not looking for a speed demon just a decent camping cart. Appreciate the insight I figured it would be slower than a standard 4 person but now I'm slightly concerned.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:31 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

They normally run about 15 mph which doesn’t sound really slow but put it next to a cart doing 20 and it is apparent..
Old 02-18-2022, 12:36 PM   #7
Nismo591
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
They normally run about 15 mph which doesn’t sound really slow but put it next to a cart doing 20 and it is apparent..

It is the lifted version with larger tires. When you say major hardware changes what might that entail? This would be my first cart so it's a learning experience for me. I had originally looked at the icon I60L carts but this would be a few thousand less. Maybe I should reconsider but thought ez go was a more established brand.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:42 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That series of carts ezgo switched over to a different motor that really needed more voltage to perform better. Then they switched to a 72 volt AC system could really be turned up to the point it would just about lift the front wheels off the ground.. Upgrades for the 48 version would require a new motor and controller preferably AC.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #9
Nismo591
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
That series of carts ezgo switched over to a different motor that really needed more voltage to perform better. Then they switched to a 72 volt AC system could really be turned up to the point it would just about lift the front wheels off the ground.. Upgrades for the 48 version would require a new motor and controller preferably AC.
Is there a lot of technical skills in replacing the motor and controller? I am handy just didn't know to what degree the swap would entail. Is there a recommended motor and controller?
.I found the link below but wasn't sure if that's the right setup.

https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-60...RoCjWwQAvD_BwE
Old 02-19-2022, 08:55 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That cart may have the Curtis 1268 controller but not sure. It itself is a good controller but would require reprogramming for a new motor and not a simple task. If you are thinking this route I would go AC
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO