lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2022, 06:23 PM   #1
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 94 marathon 36v wiring diagram question

The wiring diagram for the EZGO 94 marathon 36v is confusing me, where the wire labeled (WHT) leaves the controller and goes into the potentiometer it appears to come out the other side of the potentiometer in the diagram labeled now as (BLK), and vice versa for the wire initially labeled (BLK) leaving the controller seems to leave the potentiometer labelled as (WHT). My question is, if this is a typo on the diagram or if the wire are swapped within the potentiometer?. Also what can go wrong if these wires are wired wrong?

any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

[IMG]https://***********.com/resources/ezgo-marathon-wiring-diagram-controller.122/[/IMG]
Parachini is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2022, 06:48 PM   #2
jamminred
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO 94 marathon 36v wiring diagram question

the wires on my Marathon are all black due to just being dirty but I do believe that is correct. the only thing I think that could happen if they are reversed would be a no go situation but I would be prepared for quick shut off in case its not. Im pretty new to this so that that with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jamminred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 06:57 PM   #3
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. My confusion is not so much the colors of the wires since I have a new potentiometer and wiring installed. Its more so the placement of the wires since I would assume the wires from the controller have their specific connections so it switching colors in the diagram makes me think I have to swap the placement of the wires. And I don't know if I need a new controller since I don't know how to test it or if I just have it wired up to the wrong places.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:58 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The throttle signal is the resistance between the two wires, so it doesn't matter which way they are connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marathon - Controller Schematic.JPG (143.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:34 PM   #6
Parachini
Not Yet Wild

I also have a separate post with some other issues I am running into if you are able to answer them that would be a huge help.

Tags
diagnostic, diagram, ezgo 94 marathon 36v, potentiometer, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO