lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2022, 07:51 PM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My first EZGO not running

You bought a cart from a guy who in his own mind thought he was really "saving him some money", but in reality he probably spent more than if he had done right the start with! And now has less range. But you can't tell him that!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2022, 09:24 PM   #12
waywardson
Not Yet Wild

thank you sir. I looked over this diagram and I am not sure if it is for my cart. The controller only has six prongs on the diagram and mine has 8. I have not gotten around to chasing down all the small wires yet but will soon.
waywardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:27 PM   #13
waywardson
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. yea i may eventually go back to the original battery configuration. Like I said distance is not really an issue here as the plan is to just use it to ride around the neighborhood and put it on charge when not in use.
Old 03-10-2022, 09:53 PM   #14
waywardson
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for your advice. I have finally been able to focus some time on it and here is what I have been able to find so far. I have went ahead and disconnected to orginal charging port and tucked the wires away. I found a few loose wires from the battery that were connected to the head lights and the tail lights. Once they were fixed the brake lights came on but still no head lights so I'll have to keep digging there.

I have tried to attach some pictures so you guys know what I am referencing here in what I have found but I cannot upload them from my laptop.

1) I found burn marks on the A1 port of the controller. This port had the NEG from the battery connected to it.
2) I found a burnt spot on the solenoid on the side where the 2 POS wires were coming out of it with one going to the controller and the other going to the motor. I also found a melted spot on the plastic cover to the controller where the wire to the motor was resting against it. This tells me that the wire got really hot for some reason. That particular wire appeared to have a loose connection to the ring the was crimped on it.
3) I found that the smaller POS wire coming from the controller to the motor has an exposed section. Not sure why as i could not find any evidence of something rubbing up against it. Looks like it may have been nicked by a cutter or something dropped on it and pierced the the lining exposing the wire.
4) I found a burnt prong on one of the 9 controller prongs. I appears to be where the POS wire from the kill switch connects. (oh yeah this cart has bot an ignition and a kill switch under the seat on it)

I OHM out the solenoid, controller, and the circuit board and below are my findings. This was taken with a digital reader.

wires to the motor:
small wires-0
big wires- 0

Solenoid:
big posts- 0
small posts- 0

circuit board-
all 3 connecters read 0

Controller-
Small posts to the motor- 172
Big post POS from Solenoid and NEG to motor- 9
Big post POS from solenoid and NEG from battery-104
Big post NEG from Battery and NEG to motor- 67

Smaller posts on controller- I left one pole on the far left post (the burnt one that i believe had to the POS connection to the kill switch) and move the other pole to each post beginning from the far right moving left.
1- reading of 3
2- no reading
3- no reading
4- reading of 2
5- reading of 18
6- reading of 19
7- reading of 0
8- reading of 0

not sure what any of this means but I'm afraid I may needing to get a new solenoid and a new controller. Moy next step is to test the motor and run down all of the smaller wires that connect to the 9 prongs of the of the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO