lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2022, 12:31 AM   #1
Darclosi
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo goes only full power

hi i was wondering if you could get me started in figuring out were to start ih have a 1993 ez go marathon that i just purchased. it has sat for a few year. I put new battery's in it and drove it for a few feet and was working fine then I smelt like wires burning so i stopped to check it out. nothing was burnt so I drove it again and it only goes full power now. I'm sure it could be anything I'm a newbe any help or resources would be appreciated
Darclosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2022, 03:36 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo goes only full power

So the smoking wires you smelt were indeed likely smoking wires. Does that model have the big curly-resistor coils still or is it a solid state controller? If it has resistors then low speed is to run power through all the resistor coils, faster runs through fewer resistor coils. Less resistance means more power gets to the motor.

You may have burnt through a resistor or the "wiper board" that makes contact could be loose or otherwise not making good contact.

Anyway, your first step is finding out if you have power going through big, fat resistor coils or a solid state speed controller.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 12:04 AM   #3
Darclosi
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo goes only full power

Ok thanks I will do that. the controller is a curtis 1204-027
Darclosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO