lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2022, 11:48 AM   #1
Nordy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 ego txt dcs controller vs. wire

Hey guys, new here

My 2000 ezgo txt dcs will only go in reverse after all batteries were replaced. I replaced the forward microswitch and the problem remains. All wires and cables look to be in great condition. The cart does charge , and the reed switch is functioning.
It was suggested to switch the top left black and white wires on the controller. I did this and the forward works but no reverse. So is my controller "going out"?
Also, if it is , do I need to spend 6-700 $ for factory controller or is there an after market more affordable one.

#2.

I was able to get it in the diagnostic mode doing the series of steps with the forward reverse lever. It gave me a single beep . The sticker on the controller lists the defaults as #of beeps. Does 1-1 mean one beep. and therefore the controller is bad?
Any help is much appreciated.

Greg
Nordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2022, 06:49 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 ego txt dcs controller vs. wire

Sounds like you have an early 2000 PDS drive with a hockey puck type F/R switch.

When the controller first enters diagnostic mode, it will beep one to four times indicating which PDS performance mode it is in. One beep means - All Terrain or Golf mode. Error code follow the mode ID code. a 1-1 code will be Beep - short pause - Beep ----- followed by a long pause then repeats.

----------
Make sure you have battery pack voltage on J1 Pin-3 when trying to go in Forward. If you have it, then the controller is bad. (Did you put Run/Tow switch is Tow when changing batteries? Ought to be in Tow when ever disconnecting or reconnecting any wires or cables.)

If controller is bad, replace it with an Alltrax XCT-48x00-PDS user programmable controller. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Jacks Pin-1 in red.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
Nordy
Not Yet Wild

Yes , its the hockey puck f/r switch , with the lever on the front of the bench seat. So this makes it a PDS?
When I run that diagnostic, it only beeps once, so there is no error if Im understanding you correctly .

Finally , I am not really sure what you mean when you talk of the battery pack on J1.

thank you in advance
I appreciate the help

gn
Old 04-27-2022, 08:39 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

First you need to determine what drive you have. Does the face of controller look like jb’s pic from above or does it have a 10 pin plug on top of the controller? First is PDS. Second is DCS
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:12 PM   #5
Nordy
Not Yet Wild

it looks like the one in his picture.
s/n 9209-P005468
p/n 73326g02
curtis pmc
Old 04-28-2022, 09:46 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Replace with Alltrax XCT400DCS and enjoy 25-30% more power and 22-23 mph on stock 18" tires.
The DCS Curtis controller was the worlds first Sepex drive control. It has a fatal flaw that cooks the control when operated under low voltage. Loosing one side of the controller is a typical old age failure.
These are great carts once the Alltrax is installed. And with no more low voltage damage danger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:39 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordy View Post
1. Yes , its the hockey puck f/r switch , with the lever on the front of the bench seat. So this makes it a PDS?
When I run that diagnostic, it only beeps once, so there is no error if Im understanding you correctly .

2. Finally , I am not really sure what you mean when you talk of the battery pack on J1.

thank you in advance
I appreciate the help

gn
1. No. having diagnostic makes it a PDS. Having a hockey puck F/R makes it an early 2000 PDS. (Later ones had a rocker switch type F/R next to the keyswitch)

2. When you select F, the switch send voltage to J1 Pin-3.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:54 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the controller is bad. Since you have a pds you would use an xct400pds
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:00 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

2000 was the first year. Ezgo introduced the PDS as a patch version of the DCS after becoming aware of the low voltage problem and attempting to add regen braking and speed control. It was not the cleanest system so they scraped it and offered the PDS drive system anew in 2001.
The 2000 PDS does use the XCT for PDS controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:17 PM   #10
Nordy
Not Yet Wild

Thank you everyone for the help. Just want to clarify which controller to install as a replacement.

XCT400DCS

OR

XCT400PDS

GN
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO