lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 04:41 PM   #1
Bourbongolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rough Riding TXT PDS

Hello all,

I've got a 2001.5 TXT 36V PDS & it rides like a dump truck with square tires...

It's stock height with 215/40/12 LP Tires, has a Flip Seat in the back. It had four leaf HD Springs installed & I removed them for a set of Dual Action Modz Springs & new Cart King Rear Shocks. That didn't change anything, still bounces down the road enough to cause the back seat to bang against the back of the front seat. I can probably fix that with some longer bolts & spacers that hold the Back seat in place, but still...

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a bent axle or front hub. I got this buggy off of my Father-In-Law & can't see him trying to Dukes of Hazzard this thing around. Any help would be great!
Bourbongolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2022, 04:51 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rough Riding TXT PDS

Put the cart back on 8" rims and 18" or larger tires if they will fit. On a golf cart the primary suspension is the tires.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:35 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

What air pressure are you running in your LP tires. Any cart with LP tires will run fairly rough - it will help to lower tire pressure.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:57 PM   #4
Bourbongolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The tires are rated at 35 lbs. cold & I have them aired to 25 lbs. right now...

I was thinking about installing a Jake's 3" lift & swapping out the LP tires with some 22" AT's, but still with 14" wheels. I'm sure that would give me a little more sidewall flex.

It just seems like it may be something else. It was pretty bouncy when I got it with the stock tires still on it & nothing has really changed with any of the mods I've tried. It's bad enough that my wife wants to sell it & get another one...
Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try 15 lbs.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:06 PM   #6
Bourbongolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, I'll air them down to 15 & see if that helps. Plus that'll give me an excuse to cruise down the the neighbors for a an adult beverage.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:18 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbongolfer View Post
OK, I'll air them down to 15 & see if that helps. Plus that'll give me an excuse to cruise down the the neighbors for a an adult beverage.
Bourbon, Golf, and Golf Carts. Sounds like you are going to fit right in around here.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:42 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You could also remove the rear shocks. The shocks resist quick change so they don't add anything to your load rating but in my mind they could make the ride 'feel' stiffer. I'd leave the front ones on there but the rears I'd disconnect and see if that did anything.

Also, they aren't coil-over rear shocks are they? If they are you're basically double-sprung.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:28 AM   #9
Bourbongolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Dropping the Air Pressure down to 15 lbs. helped. There still seems to be a tad bit of bounce coming from the front. I'll need to take the wife for a ride, to see if she can feel any difference. What's the odd's of being able to run the tires down to 12 lbs.? I do have people in the back occasionally, along with a cooler for those long hood cruises.

Thanks for all the help! I just stumbled onto this forum last month & wish I'd found it sooner! Probably would have saved me a few bucks & headaches...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO