lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 07:55 PM   #1
pberm1962
Not Yet Wild

Default ex go txt batteries not lasting and bubbling

my 2014 ez go txt 48 volt golf cart batteries are losing their charge fairly quickly this year compared to last year. the age of the trojan 8v batteries i believe is 8 years old as the stamp on the negative terminal is E4 ,the E indicating 5th month, the 4 means year 2014. i took the 6 Trojan DC-8V batteries out of the cart and stored them in my garage where it doesn't freeze over winter.i charged each battery individually and checked/added distilled water to a bit above the plates- equally for each battery. i fully charged the batteries and they Bubble/gurgle during charging fully to around 52.5 volts. after charging the batteries they continue to gurgle non stop.
my issue is i am losing power in about 20 minutes of run time when last year i would get about about 40 minutes of run time. i am able to drive the cart into the garage before they completely die and in that weak state i am getting around a 50 volt total reading. any suggestions,ideas why my batteries die so quickly now? I realize they are 8 years old. they may be at end of life. is gurgling during or after charging an indication of a problem? should I disconnect all batteries from each other and read each battery individually?
pberm1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2022, 07:58 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: ex go txt batteries not lasting and bubbling

They are worn out. Eight years is much longer than normal life for those batteries even if they are well cared for. Time for new ones.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:14 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ex go txt batteries not lasting and bubbling

Some gassing/bubbling in the final state of the charging process is normal on FLA batteries and this will increase at higher age of the batteries ( older batteries needs more watering also ).50v isn't that bad, but probably drops under load significant?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO