lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #1
Coreygtxt
Not Yet Wild

Default Series txt will go in forward but not reverse

This is my first time posting on here and I read the forums all the time. Last week while driving all of a sudden when I fully depressed the pedal the lights would dim and it would only go half as fast as normal. I tightened a loose cable on controller side of the main solenoid and that issue was resolved; however, now it will not go in reverse, but it drives great in forward with no issues. The resistor on the main solenoid is always hot, even if it is in neutral and sitting charging. On the battery side of the main solenoid, I am reading 52 volts, but the controller side of the main solenoid I am reading 32 volts and with the resistor removed I am still reading 3 volts on the controller side of the main solenoid. All post on the reverse contactors are also reading 32 volts. I’m hoping the controller is not bad but am trying to figure out if it could be anything other than the controller. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ezgo txt: 48 volt (8 x 6v batteries), 2 gauge cables, 400/1000 heavy duty main solenoid, Scotty B’s SW202-48V reversing contactors, GE 700 amp speed controller, 6 hp amd speed motor, 7” lift.
Coreygtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2022, 09:40 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Series txt will go in forward but not reverse

Concentrate on the reversing contactor. Step one
Test and verify full battery current is present when measured between the small + and - terminals on the contactor coils when the pedal is depressed on the appropriate side in both forward and reverse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-03-03 08.17.40.jpg (370.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:24 AM   #3
Coreygtxt
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much for the quick response scottyb! As soon as I get off work I will test the reversing contactors and post the results.
Old 05-11-2022, 06:45 AM   #4
Coreygtxt
Not Yet Wild

Last night I tested the small terminals on the reverse contractors. On the forward side I got 48.8 volts, and on the reverse side I got 48.6 volts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO