lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
leinangle
Not Yet Wild

Default attach EZGO power wise three prong charger

Hi all. I purchased a Power Wise QE charger for my son's 48 volt EV go kart that I just completed. I did not realize it at the time but the charger has three prongs: +,-, comm. If I attach just the + and - to the batteries in series I get a one blip red error light and no charging. I'm familiar with regular chargers with two terminals but not with three. I'm not sure of the function of the 'comm' but I suspect without it somehow attached to the battery I will be unable to get the charger to work. Does anyone know of a way to get a Power Wise QE charger to work with a regular generic 48 volt two prong (+/-) battery?
leinangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
phnguyk
Getting Wild

Default Re: attach EZGO power wise three prong charger

Any luck. I'm in the same boat
phnguyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
MightBeRight
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: attach EZGO power wise three prong charger

The PowerWise QE 48V charger is much like the 36V charger, and if you ground the 3rd wire like it is in the 36V cart you will get the same battery charge algorithm as the 36V cart.

If you wish to have exactly the same algorithm as the 48V cart, either purchase a receptacle from E-Z-GO, or you can use a 14k resistor from the 3rd wire to ground to simulate it. That should set the battery temperature to 25C, so if you are at some other temperature you will likely not charge well - but at least you have something more than a hunk of scrap metal...

Obviously what I write is completely without guarantee, but it is to the best of my knowledge correct. Glad to see you have found a great deal on what should be a great charger!
MightBeRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO