lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
JeffL
Not Yet Wild

Default What to look for in a club car

I am going to look at a club car this week. The guy does'nt know much about it, but says it's a 4 wheel 4 stroke, with the push button style choke. He also said the carb needs a cleaning because it has sat for a while. What is a good club car model? What should I look for, and are there any models to avoid? I want a decent cart for my dads farm, that has good power and cruises right along. Am I looking at the right carts? The guy wants $750 for it, and where can I find the model #'s and info? Any opinions are appreciated.
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: What to look for in a club car

Does it run at all or just hard to start from sitting? That would be a determining factor for $750.
Although $750 is a bad price, If it will not start so you can here it run I would make him a lower offer.
What you are describing with the push buttom choke is probably a DS model.
They are good running carts and very dependable.
Any chance you can take a compression gauge with you and test it?

Check this sticky for ID info,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...olf-carts.html
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
JeffL
Not Yet Wild

I believe it runs, he said you just have to fool with the choke a bit to keep it running, or to get it running or something. What should the compression be, and are these carts easy to make faster and more powerful? Thanks
JeffL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
shaneberg
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

around here if it runs you can get 1500 for it sounds like a good price to me
shaneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i just bought a 87 clubcar for $300 in nice condition, but the price sounds ok if it runs, if u have to play with the choke it defiantly needs a good carb cleaning
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thats not a bad price at all if it runs other than the choking it. As long as the rest is in decent condition, good deal to me as I cant find a $300 cart like nitro1 did. Those deals are rare but possible. To me the 96 and older CC DS models are worth more because of the ccw engine setup. The 97 and newer are cw and are limited, to a certain point, on engines.

Compression around 150 - 160 but a lil less is still good.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car