lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
cajun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Power Drive 2 Charger

I have a 2002 DS Club Car 48 volt car.The charger circuit breaker started tripping after about 2-3 minutes into the charge.When i plug it into the cart charger goes to 15 amps drops off to 0 then back up around 13 then tripps 2-3 minutes later.Went get my neighbor's charger same brand and voltage as mine and it has been charging for 16 hours,what could be wrong with my charger so that i can get it fixed.
cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Power Drive 2 Charger

Look at the top of this forum in the stickys, there is a download for the book for this charger. Could be your rectifier if you are lucky. It's only about $18 bucks and easy to change. The book will show you how to test it with a multimeter. Did the other charger get it to a full charge? Check the water in your batteries and let us know the voltage of the total pack. Check each battery by itself also.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
cajun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes it got to full charge,pack has 51.2 volts and each battery has 8.6volts.Voltage a little lower than after charging took a ride down drive way.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
cajun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Can't download don't have PDF program.Will open up charger and take a look inside.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

The PDF software is a free download from Adobie! The rectifier is on the back upper wall of the charger and it is about 1X1 inch and has 4 wires going into it. Some call the diod tree. Get the PDF software and download the book. It has real easy directions on how to test with a MM.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Some times after a period of low 120 volt AC home power the circuit breaker will not hold in and cause what you are having and needs replacing? This is NOT COMMON but when all else fails??
Not being sure why you dont have pdf program but you might try and open to Lester Electric . com site and open the service check section? Hope that will get you into test section?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
cajun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks finally found it in the documents and printed it out,don't know if i have the diod testing
Old 09-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Any meter with OHMS setting can confirm diode condition, as should only read continiuty one direction.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
cajun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

OK rectifier tested bad, parts house on Monday.Now go change oil in truck and cut some grass then a few cold ones.Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #10
cajun
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Made bracket to extend brake cables, worked good,saw one on e-bay for 58.00 used some scrap 2" angle iron(free) drilled 1/2 "" holes for cables and finished with round file.Bolted to existing bracket
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car