lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #21
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Opinions are like as*h*les

that thing is a turd you should just dump it in the garbage I will haul it off for you no charge.

awesome cart rebuild it
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #22
segdoh49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
wow, that looks alot better than mine.... although mine is longer.......

like Scotty said, if the brakes are in good repair, rebuild it! They take a little getting used to but they are a blast to drive.....

Can you do a close up of the motor/rear axle housing? There were a few made for a couple years (when Dana and E-Z-GO were argueing) that actually no longer have motor replacements available. Yes, I have actually had to deal with those carts, and the only thing you can do in that case is pray the motor can be rebuilt (as in pray that the motor isn't crapped out and PQ can then rebuild it for you)
We took the motor out last weekend and gave it a onceover. Wanted to check the brushes and just give it a quick eyeball. I'll try and get some pics later this evening. We wrote down what the tag says.
The Model # is 5BC48JB833 36V 2HP but didn't log the motor maker (dah) Thanks for the info. Haven't check out the brakes as someone else mentioned, but I know they are working, just haven't checked out the pads and such. Can you really not get parts (eg brake shoes, brake cylenders, master...etc) for these things like the ezgo dealer says ? I think we are going to fix 'er up. Just have to figure out what controller and solenoid to get. Looking at the alltrax 4844 (do we need the 'P') I've sent a email to one of the site sponsers, cartsunlimited (Scottyb) but haven't heard back from him as of yet. Where are you Scottyb ??? We are probably going to just keep it @ 36v (no room for more batteries) It doesn't need to go fast 'cause we are just going to take it to our place at the river for a beer runiing cart, Ha !
To everyone that replied to this thread THANKS for your input, it is GREATLY APPREICATED...
AND IT'S NOT HOW LONG IT IS THAT MATTERS, IT HOW YOU USE IT...
segdoh49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #23
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post
AND IT'S NOT HOW LONG IT IS THAT MATTERS, IT HOW YOU USE IT...
That sounds like an opinion
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Don't know that I got your email segdoh49? For a series cart I like the 400AXE and the FSIP500 both cost about the same in my controller packages. Look at pkg #101 and 404 http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
Give a call at 951-461-9626
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #25
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's worth playing with...at the beginning of the thread, I was thinking it was just a standard cart you were thinking about, so I was leaning tword buying the 2007 model in good condition for less than 2K....BUT, you will have something special there, can't wait to see it when your bill hits 5K....and if you are like any of us....it won't take long!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #26
segdoh49
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
That's worth playing with...at the beginning of the thread, I was thinking it was just a standard cart you were thinking about, so I was leaning tword buying the 2007 model in good condition for less than 2K....BUT, you will have something special there, can't wait to see it when your bill hits 5K....and if you are like any of us....it won't take long!
5K....not during this Administration.
segdoh49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #27
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post
5K....not during this Administration.
not during the next administration either

these golf carts are addictive you will get it running for 2 then want to spend another 2
Old 08-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #28
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

True...but I was always told to never discuss politics, religion, or kim kardashian's butt in public...
Old 08-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #29
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
True...but I was always told to never discuss politics, religion, or kim kardashian's butt in public...
still trying to figure out who kim kardashian is and why she matters to the world

seg........still think that cart looks awesome and anyone who told you that it would be a waste of money must be not right in the head
Old 08-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #30
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

she doesn't...just a chick with a big butt.

but we digress - Seg, this is going to be a cool build, some body work and a quick paint job would do wonders. You thinking street style, or off road for this bad boy? Northwest is so right, once you get it running, you will have a crazy urge to customize the thing!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO