lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
TM2
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 PDS TXT sudden braking

I have a 36V 4 seater with stock tires and a Freedom chip that we use mainly on a flat gravel road.
When traveling at or near full speed the cart will slam on brakes and beeps rapidly 4 times. We can then go back up to speed utill it happens again. It only seems to occur when running at higher speeds for long distances. This occurs 2-3 times per mile traveled.
I have run the diagnostic test and only get 4 beeps
Could this be caused by the regenerative braking system messing up?
TM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 PDS TXT sudden braking

Welcome to BGW!

Sounds like the controller is going into the anti-rollaway mode for some reason, or thinks the direction selector is being switch from F to R.

Try driving cart in Diagnostic mode. Maybe it'll give you a error code (Some beeps, a pause and then some more beeps)

Fortunately, with a PDS cart you can check the various switches and there associated wiring pretty thoroughly with just by pulling plugs of the controller and using an Ohmmeter to measure continuity.

Be sure to put Run/Tow switch into Tow before disconnecting/reconnecting anything, or you might blow the controller.

Here is a schematic for a PDS cart. The pins to measure between are shown.

I'd take a close look at the Direction Selector, wiggle it some to see if it loses continuity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (64.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
JasonsGolfCarts
Getting Wild

I had a PDS that was doing the same thing right before the controller completely quit. Put in one of our remanufactured controllers and everything was fine.
JasonsGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
TM2
Not Yet Wild

I finally got the opportunity to work on the cart a couple of weeks ago. From my past searches I figure someone in the future would like to know what the outcome was for this problem.
I went and tightened evey connection on the motor, controller, key and FnR dashboard switches. I made sure that I tightened up the female spade connectors so they were super tight. There was some play in most of them but not enough that any were not making continuous contact.
At the moment I can not get the cart to repeat the prior problem.
It is 25 degrees cooloer than it when it was acting up this summer so there is the possiblity that something was overheating that is not acting up now in the cooloer weather. I guess I'll find out next summer if all it needed was just tightened connections
TM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the feedback.

Tightening up all the spade lugs might have solved the problem.
Let us know if it starts acting up again next summer.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO