lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question about Converter/fuse block wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGoneWild View Post
Thank you so much! Still have a question. When I bought the cart the lights were run directly to the battery and a toggle with no neg. Can I still run the lights through the toggle/fuse block since there is no neg or on/off. If so back to my original question how do I use a toggle with a fuse block?
There is a negative, it is the cart frame and body which is a big no no in DC vehicles. Everything gets 2 wires, a + and a -.
Also you need to turn your reducer on and off with the key or ?. If you leave it on it will drain the battery pack and shorten the reducer's and pack's life.
Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Dave is right the neg side is usually run straight to the lights. not sure if this is right but with 12v I usually work backwards (+) from device goes to switch, other side of switch should go to fuse, or fuse block connected to (+) side of power source (-)side can run straight to (-) power then I run a separate (-) if the switch requires it .. for the converter switch I don't know if there might be something in a marine store for a heavy duty anchor switch or maybe a battery selector switch. I dont know what kind of amps an inverter draws, or what kind of headlights you have..
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks scotty, totally forgot that the key is 36v.. gotten so used to the problem of a 36v key switch not being able to turn on the 12v stuff.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Re: Question about Converter/fuse block wiring

May have bitten off more than I can chew with this one! Thank you so much for the repliles. You guys are great and I am lost without your help! I am such a newbie that i need lots more detail. Ok I like the key thing.

Hear's where I'm at:

Coverter 10a 120w wired to 36v+/- on the pack.
Converter 12V wired to Blue Sea fuse block (6)

Should the fuse block be wired to the key switch? If so how is that done? Do I make my own connection? I am dangerous so the more details the better!

"New" Lights: wired to what the fuse block? That means they will be on when the key is on? I want to be able to turn them on and off.

Stereo has a power button so run that straight to the fuse block.

GrannyGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

my theory is key switch, to converter. converter to fuse box.. fuse box to switches..
Old 10-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok Token... That is not quite the level of detail i need! 8 words...
:h elp:
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Feel like your stuck hanging here...
Sorry for the curt reply before.. was spray painting in the heat,.. maybe I should wear a mask next time...

sounds like you are 83% there you already have the fusebox wired to the converter, the radio is set too. now connect a switch to a spot on the fuse box and connect that to the positive of the lights. connect the radio and lights negative wires to the negative out of the converter..
all that should be left is to find the side of the key that has power when the key is turned on and move the 36 positive feed from of the converter to it. ... I dont know specifics off hand what color, or where to tap that, whats safe, i would start looking at the key wires .. someone with experience on tapping that key feed might be better here.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I fugured out the headlights and stereo but hoping someone will tell me how to wire the key switch.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
GrannyGoneWild
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I am so sorry that I keep posting this stuff but in all the searchs it does not tell me how to go from the key switch to the fuse block for the converter.

Converter 36v +/- to pack
Converter 12v+/- to fuse block
Stereo to toggle, in line fuse, to fuse block
lights to toggle, in line fuse, to fuse block
Converter 36v + to key switch to fuse block? This is where I am lost.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #20
Token
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGoneWild View Post
I am so sorry that I keep posting this stuff but in all the searchs it does not tell me how to go from the key switch to the fuse block for the converter.

Converter 36v +/- to pack
Converter 12v+/- to fuse block
Stereo to toggle, in line fuse, to fuse block
lights to toggle, in line fuse, to fuse block
Converter 36v + to key switch to fuse block? This is where I am lost.
are you stuck on where to get the 36v + ? I dont think there is a fuse block. just a wire that goes from the key to the F/R switch. maybe teal or blue, mine were spliced and respliced before me so I have no idea what color those wires might be.. you are so close to finishing this.. might have to break out the volt meter and find the 36v that is on when the key is on..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO