lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
computerguy989
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alarm w/ Motion Sensor

So last weekend I took my golf cart to the bar like I do every weekend but sat outside to be able to watch where I had parked my golf cart. Twice within the course of 3 hours I saw people sitting or putting their kids on my cart.

I looked around for an alarm system and found an alarm for if someone tries to put in a different key into the ignition but I need something that will detect if someone is sitting on the cart (its lifted with a Strech Plastics long travel kit so the whole cart moves when someone sits on it). I saw that BU used to have a motion alarm called the Enforcer but I don't think they are making that anymore. Does anyone have any recommendations for other alarms?
computerguy989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alarm w/ Motion Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy989 View Post
So last weekend I took my golf cart to the bar like I do every weekend but sat outside to be able to watch where I had parked my golf cart. Twice within the course of 3 hours I saw people sitting or putting their kids on my cart.

I looked around for an alarm system and found an alarm for if someone tries to put in a different key into the ignition but I need something that will detect if someone is sitting on the cart (its lifted with a Strech Plastics long travel kit so the whole cart moves when someone sits on it). I saw that BU used to have a motion alarm called the Enforcer but I don't think they are making that anymore. Does anyone have any recommendations for other alarms?
Very large mean dog tied to the cart.

But serious check this out. No sensor but disables the ignition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alarm-System...922#vi-content
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did a quick search for 12 volt vibration sensors. I know nothing about them, so I didn't want to post links. But there are a few out there that might work for you.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
rib33024

this is what i use when i leave my cart some where, some times i leave the alarm on the cart, so when they walk by it goes off, and some time i take it in with me, it works great, and only $10 bucks

http://www.harborfreight.com/wireles...tem-93068.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
Taykol
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

They are called motorcycle tilt sensors. Lots of features, very loud and adjustable

Gorilla Automotive 8007 Motorcycle Alarm with Remote Transmitter : Amazon.com : Automotive Gorilla Automotive 8007 Motorcycle Alarm with Remote Transmitter : Amazon.com : Automotive
Taykol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
computerguy989
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea I probably could get a guard dog but that could give the golf cart even more attention! I did see the golf cart alarms on ebay that disabled the ignition but couldn't find a way to tie in a motion sensor into it. I also found the motion sensors that I could put in the cart wanted to see if there were any other ideas and I had never thought of motorcycle alarms. Great idea, thanks.
computerguy989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, motion sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO