lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What size trailer should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneyes View Post
i have a 5-8 trailer that works really good i got it at tractor supply for 600 bucks and as for the rear seat just back it on the trailer so the seat extends foreward over the front of the trailer
^^^^What he said ^^^^
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #12
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneyes View Post
i have a 5-8 trailer that works really good i got it at tractor supply for 600 bucks and as for the rear seat just back it on the trailer so the seat extends foreward over the front of the trailer
I have a 5 x 8 Tarter trailer from Tractor Supply also. I would have preferred a 5 x 10 but found this one used just up the road. It has 13" tires and tows very nicely. My '07 TXT has stock tires with a flip back seat and I have to back it on for it to fit with the footrest over the forward trailer rail. I put 2 x 10 runners in the trailer bed as the mesh deforms under the cart weight. I also had to add another section of 2 x 10 toward the front of the runners to the foot rest will clear the rail. Another minor inconvenience is the foot rest hits the mesh ramp when I back it on so I have to either back the trailer up against a small hill or use some 4' wooden ramps to extend the mesh ramp. I will make some longer shackles to remedy this situation.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine are 4X8, 6X10 and 6.5X18 with brakes. All depends on your plans and how far you are going to travel. Can you get away with a 4X8 yes, but, not what you want on a long trip. In short, buy the biggest you are comfortable hauling and can afford
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
Babyboomerboy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you all for your input. My cart is not lifted so it looks like a 5x8 or 5x10 will be big enough for my needs. Thanks again for all your help
Babyboomerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Also remember, the longer the trailer the easier it is to back... Get the 10.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #16
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

One other issue to consider is storage. If space is an issue the smaller the trailer, the easier it is to store. Trailer tongue on some can be unbolted reducing storage space. Also if it is a single square tube tongue you can get a folding tongue kit.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #17
Babyboomerboy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Also remember, the longer the trailer the easier it is to back... Get the 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
One other issue to consider is storage. If space is an issue the smaller the trailer, the easier it is to store. Trailer tongue on some can be unbolted reducing storage space. Also if it is a single square tube tongue you can get a folding tongue kit.
Those are good tips, thank you. I am planning to get one with an expanded metal floor. It will be lighter and if I have to add wood runners it still won't be as heavy as a wooden floor trailer. Thanks again
Babyboomerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 5x10 the good thing is you can haul it with your cart
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would get the 5 x 10 at minimum. Also I would get the wood floor from the beginning to. I have some trailers at work that are metal floored, that we transport a cart with. We have had to add metal throughout the trailer due to the weight of the cart degrading the metal over time.

Also make sure the trailer has an 'A" frame on the tongue. I learned the hard way with my first personal trailer. Also tie downs are a must if you travel any distance with it. I now have a 6 x 12 that is just right for me.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #20
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i agree,5x10 minimum,,i have a 4x8 flat bed for the yard i pull with the cart for cleaning up brush..
i had a 6x12 and sold it as i dont like the 6ft wide with my small truck..the tailgate ramp holds my truck back since its wider than the truck a lil.
im fixin to build another 5x10 or 12 soon..just got the axle and 3 tires

oh yeah,,my cart wont fit on most 5x trailors as the way they make the upright on the end for latching the tail gate,,it wastes 3-4 inches of that 5ft mark thats why im building my own again
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO