lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help me please

Most of these motors are bullet proof averaging 20 -30 years of service. Most carts use the original motor throughout their useful life. Same is true for the inductive throttle system. ITS & Motor tests are the last thing I do. Stock controllers are always suspect, sounds like Johnnie has walked you though the controller tests and it is bad.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #22
Eddybud
Not Yet Wild

I have my new alltrax controller installed and working great thanks to Scotty B. I was wondering if anyone can help with the programming of the new controller. I have the alltrax 400. I notice that the carts lurches violently when i press the accelerator with the new setup. My buddy was watching the underside of the cart when i hit the gas and said he noticed the axle and or suspension parts are are twisting alot and seem to be getting too much torque. Johnnie B posted his settings and i was wondering why he chose what he did for his throttle up and down rates. Also what does high pedal disable feature do? I was on the alltrax website but the explanations were not very clear .I would appreciate any advice. Thanks alot and i love this forum.
Eddybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I understand a DCS motor with DCX400DCS controller is a great torque producer.

The High Pedal Disable feature prevents the controller from feeding amps to the motor when the pedal is pushed when the controller is turned on.
This is to prevent bad things from happening it the key was switch ON while the pedal was pushed.

The Throttle Up Rate adjusts how fast the controller ramps up the amps it allows the motor to draw.
When set to 15, you can slam the pedal to the floor and hit the stalled motor with hundreds of amps, instantly generating a huge amount of torque (and heat), spinning the tires, doing a wheelie and the like.
When set to 1, the cart's response to slamming the pedal to the floor is far more docile since the controller going from zero output to full output is spread over a period of time.

The Throttle Down Rate is how fast the controller reacts to lifting your foot on the pedal.
If you have the Brake Current fairly high and the Throttle Down Rate set to a fairly high number, the cart behaves something akin to a riding lawn mower with a hydrostatic transmission.
The further you push the pedal down, the faster it goes, but as soon as you lift your foot some, it slows to whatever the new foot position is with any coasting.

The performance characteristics can be adjusted over a very wide range, so you'll have to play with the programmable controls some to find out what you like best.

Here is the Programming manual and all the user adjustable features are explained pretty well in it.
The Controller-Pro software, can be downloaded from the Alltrax Web-Site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc120-017-D_OP-Controller-Pro.pdf (511.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO