lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
CeaBurd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Will not move in either forward or reverse

I have a 94 Marathon. It will not move either forward or reverse. The batteries are charged. The F/R switch was replaced before I received the cart so I'm wondering if there is a bad connection there someplace. I do not know a lot about electrical systems but would love to learn so that I can fix up my cart. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh yes, there's two wires, one black and the other red, that are on the forward side of the switch that aren't connected to anything, I'm assuming those are ground wires but not sure. They are very small in diameter. Not sure if that matters or not.

Last edited by CeaBurd; 05-26-2013 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: Corrected the wire colors from red to black
CeaBurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
CeaBurd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Will not move in either forward or reverse

I posted the question way too soon. I was getting frustrated and wanted a quick fix. I failed to mention the events leading up to the cart completely stopping. A couple of weeks ago the cart started hesitating when I would try to go in reverse. It would do it in forward also but seemed to do it in reverse most of the time. Now it will not go at all. As I mentioned before I am a newbie here, I want to restore my cart a little at a time, as finances will allow. I know I will be able to pick up a lot of knowledge on this site. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
Restoredude
Not Yet Wild

you should search for the wiring diagram specific to your model and verify all wiring first, if you have loose wires they need to go someplace and until you get the wiring sorted you will never know what the true problem is or if you even have a problem other than miswired components.
Restoredude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
CeaBurd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you Restoredude. I did just that and I did not see those wires anywhere on the diagram. Apparently the person who had the cart previous to me added on some things and those were wires that he added himself. I have since found out that I have one bad battery that is probably the cause of the problem. It is only reading 5 volts. I have been advised to get a used battery to take it's place because I am going to be restoring the cart this fall and I need something just to get me through the summer. I will be putting all new batteries and cables on at that time.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This diagram should fit your cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo marathon controller cart.jpg (168.8 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
CeaBurd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Will not move in either forward or reverse

Thank you Scottyb..that is the best one I've seen yet.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Once you confirm the wiring and cables are run correctly. confirm the solenoid is clicking when you try to go. If the cart moves in one direction but not the other or operation is spuratic, The F&R switch may be faulty.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:55 PM   #8
scalpem15
Not Yet Wild

New to the forum, and carting for that matter, and refreshing an old post that pertains to me. 92 marathon controller cart is dead in the water. Took it off charge and hit the gas to back out of garage; it jumped initially and then nothing. Now just clicks when accelerator is pressed in forward and reverse. I will add that it had similar symptoms a week or two prior - would run but if accelerator was fully pressed it would cut out. Fingered over some of the readily visible connections and problem solved... until now. Will go through and check all connections and wiring first- any other suggestions at this point though? Thanks much!
scalpem15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO