lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Older ezgo charger capacitor

By changing the capacitance, you might be able to bend the DC output Volts vs Amps curve enough to fully charge a 36V pack consisting of batteries made by US Battery, but if you tried to stretch it into On-Charge voltage range needed for a 48V pack, I suspect you'd end up with a trickle charger weighing about 25 pounds that takes two or three days to recharge a 48V pack from 90% SoC.

To get the needed amps in the 48V On-Charge voltage range, the transformer's unboosted output voltage has to be higher.

--------
It is interesting to note that the boosted AC output of yurtle's line conditioner (120VAC) is the same as the boosted output in a 48V charger.
If it drops to 90VAC with the capacitor disconnected, a rectifier might turn it into a completely manual 48V charger.
Of course the initial amp rate might be unacceptably high or low.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It is interesting to note that the boosted AC output of yurtle's line conditioner (120VAC) is the same as the boosted output in a 48V charger.
Was. I repurposed the unit into an unreulated 0 - 140 volt power supply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2402.jpg (139.5 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #23
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

the old lestronic chargers used the same kind of capacitors, ive got a charger made out of 2 different chargers but works good haha
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #24
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If it helps anyone else. I finally just ordered two 20.5 mf capacitors (I'm trying to fix two chargers). The 20.5 mf cap fixed the old Lester charger, but didn't fix the EZGO charger. I guess I should have just ordered the 6 mf cap and got it over with, one way or the other. It should have fixed it or the charger has other problems
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by 49ford; 11-09-2013 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: website didn';t bring up my previous message
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO