lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Leaf Spring Bushings for TxT

I picked up a set (well, 12) new leaf spring bushings for my EZ-GO TXT to replace the existing one's that for some reason, which I am assuming is the rough treatment they get from mud, bounce, cold, rain, more mud, no washing, animal blood (really…it happens), and just the tough treatment it receives as a hunting cart, because a few weeks ago my cart began to SQUEAK.

And I mean SQUEAK a lot. To the point that drove me crazy. So, I took some light weight oil and squirted it on the existing bushings and the squeak went away….for like two "outings", and then came back with a vengeance.

Now, I know oil and rubber don't mix. But….will these rubber grommets break down that quickly when they decide to "go" and do they squeak that much on your carts???

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Leaf Spring Bushings for TxT

I have replaced hundreds of these bushings. I always put a small amount of wheel bearing grease on them before bolting everything up. I dont tighten them until I have put full weight on cart and bounced it a few times, then fully tighten the bolts. NEVER had any squeak that I have replaced.

I have also heard you can use the silicone grease that you put on poly bushings without damage.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
crash test dummy

thank you for the tip !!!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have fixed several BBB this way too. hunters loved me.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Use Brake Caliper Lube.Its great for the rubber,and won't wash out easily.Make sure the sleeve in the bushing is tight against the bracket in front,and the shackle at the rear,or it will turn in the bushing and squeak like crazy.Alot of people assume you don't tighten them fully,but they are designed that way.Off-Roaders and racers leave them loose to eliminate the bind and springy-ness of the rubber.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks for your responses guys. Just to clarify, I have not yet installed the new ones…..it's the old ones that are squeaking like crazy right now….in the middle of bow season.

When I do the install (when my BIL does this) I'll print out your tips for him to review.

Again…thanks!!

Dave
Old 11-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

BTW & FWIW, I have my new bushings on order….and waiting for 'em to come in. However, me and my cart are going up north to hunting camp for Monday's deer opener. So, for a quick temp fix I "packed" the outside of the existing bushings with silicon grease and "topped" that off with some Kroil oil. That stopped the squeak for now, and I just need to to quit squeaking for a few days. I also checked the tightness of the bolts and all was good.

This shouldn't be too tough of a deal to do. (Yeah…..right!!)

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO