lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Interesting ITS tidbit I heard

I telephoned the guy I took my cart to for the work I cant do - plasma torch, ect. I was asking him about why my cart seems to "jump" into reverse. He said "when you rebuilt the pedal box, did you adjust it?" I said yes to 7/32. He said he would look at it, but did say that sometimes, the pedal box runs better out of adjustment. I trust this guy, but I had never heard that. Have any of you ever heard that?
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Interesting ITS tidbit I heard

I don't remember seeing any discussions on it, but the ITS sensor and Pedal microswitch adjustments printed in the service manuals have always seemed too exacting in some places and not exacting enough in others.

Pushing the pedal does two things, activates the solenoid and sends a signal to the controller that tells it to pass amps to the motor. If the controller is already being told to pass amps when the solenoid is activated, the cart will jump or jerk instead of taking off smoothly.

I believe there should be a slight dead-band between the pedal depression point where the pedal microswitch closes and the slug enters the ITS sensor, but the service manual says the slug should be entering the ITS sensor when the microswitch contacts closes.

The ITS sensor is a proximity sensor, so at what at what proximity does the slug have to be at before the throttle signal to the controller begins to change? Before the slug enters the ITS sensor, when it is flush with the entrance or slightly inside. The same question applies to when the maximum throttle signal is reached, when the slug is flush with the exit, or slightly protruding.

To me, it seems like the way to adjust the slug is so it protrudes slightly when the pedal is on the floor and the switch so the contacts close before the slug enters the ITS sensor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I had ONE cart that was jumpy. Basically the plunger was well into the induction coil before the micro switch closed. This resulted in the system being turned on at above 0 throttle. Looking back on it - it may have had the wrong MS in the peddle box. The MS used is specific to the peddle box . Not sure what I had going but I remember grinding a slope on the MS trigger cam to hasten the MS activation.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Along those same lines, EZGO uses the NC contacts on the pedal microswitch (like they do on the rest of them) and if the switch is gummed up any at all, there can be a time delay between the time the roller arm comes off the cam and when the switch contacts actually close. That could also cause the cart to jump.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Why would it only jump in reverse? The pedal box doesn't know if the cart is in forward or reverse. Is it suspected to cause the cart to "jump" into reverse or jump in reverse?.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO