lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Default Float adj

When isntalling a 6in lift kit with 22'' tires on a 2002 ez go gas do you need to adj the carbueator float my carb is leaking out something dont know for sure if its oil or gas
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #2
chrisp6108
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Float adj

when you lift the cart your oil level can change, DO NOT GO BY THE DIP STICK, it only needs to hold 1.5 quarts, so if you filled the oil according to the dip stick with the lift on, then you put too much oil in.

as for gas not that i know of, but could check your connections to make sure everything is properly connected with slack in lines because they could of streched a line somewhere.
chrisp6108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Does it smell like gas? He is correct.. You need to verify that you have no more than 1.5 qts in it. You could just do an oil change and refill with the correct amount, then scribe a mark on the dipstick to indicate the correct level. As far as float adjustment, you should not need to do that. Usually, if you have too much oil, you will see it coming back into the crankcase vent line leading into the air box.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Thanks Guys here is my problem when i run cart there is a very litte build up just below carb bowl smeels like gas but looks like oil I can wipe it up and no more shows up if i dont run cart.Going to change oil add the correct amount.Its a rebuild engine and could have some oil in it i did add 1.5 qts .
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO