lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #11
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: FE290 carburetor jet kit???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbresnanjn View Post
Hi guys,

New to the club car scene. I have an 01 Club Car DS with a Kwai 290 motor.
I put in the k and n and the cop mainjet and am having problems with it breaking up under high rpm. The jet I took out was an 82 and the new was is stamped 90. I pulled the plug and it’s very soothes so def running to rich. I am wondering if anyone knows the stock air fuel screw setting for the carb so I can set it and go out from there. In the service manual it doesn’t really say. One other thing to note, I do have a lift and have the air intake pinched somewhat. I am doing the Briggs 90 degree elbow and brass barb that others have done to fix it. With the 82 jet it was running good. I’m almost ready to put it back and leave it alone. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
You need to get air intake unpinched and use a free flowing air filter.Then it will run good.
mckittrick.joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #12
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCinGA View Post
Hi All,

I have a '95. If I just bought the FE290 carburetor jet kit without any other mods, would it 1) Help performance and / or 2) Hurt anything with the engine?

I read the sticky on speeding up the cart, but didn't know if there was a process or order to do upgrades.

As always, thanks!!!! [emoji106]
On your cart you can take a baffle out of the air cleaner. You also need a free flowing air filter.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #13
mckittrick.joe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckittrick.joe View Post
On your cart you can take a baffle out of the air cleaner. You also need a free flowing air filter.
I've had big carb jet in my 92. For 3 years still runs great.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car