lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
capsized
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 XRT850 Rough Ride

I have a stock XRT850. I like the height so with out lifting it, how can i get a smoother ride? Dont want to spend a lot.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album...ictureid=22721
capsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 XRT850 Rough Ride

There's no doubt about it... your gonna a have a stiff ride with the all stock suspension,
and there's really no cheap fix to make it easier on your bones!

Yep... there will be some that will suggest removing a leaf here and there,
But, Straight up? CC suspensions were designed for durability!

Without changing the front suspension, and rear leaf springs, You just may have to get used to it!

Been there, and continuing to do that...
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:24 AM   #3
capsized
Not Yet Wild

I figured. I'll just use it as is for a few years and upgrade it later. I just got it a few months ago and other than a rough ride the family loves the cart. Thx
capsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #4
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsized View Post
I figured. I'll just use it as is for a few years and upgrade it later. I just got it a few months ago and other than a rough ride the family loves the cart. Thx
Capsized , Have you tried experimenting with your tire pressures ? I've found airing down can make a huge difference on the ride.
Of course if your looking for faster acceleration and faster top end the more psi the better. I run 8 to 10 lbs on my 22/11-10 and if I'm looking for the speed I'll pump them up to about 16 lbs.
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #5
randog311
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsized View Post
I have a stock XRT850. I like the height so with out lifting it, how can i get a smoother ride? Dont want to spend a lot.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album...ictureid=22721
SOLVED:
I recently (Sept. 2019) purchased a Gas 2015 XRT 850 (with Rear Flip Seat and Top) with under 56 Hours on the Clock. I also found it to have a "Rough Ride").
I did a lot of research & spoke to a few dealers without getting any good solutions recommended. A local Dealer had a Front (Take Off) Front Spring from a 2019 Precedent, I removed my XRT Front Spring and compared it the one from the Precedent and found them to be virtually identical with exception of Bushing Size. The Dealer then showed me a Bunch of slightly Used and New Rear Springs from Various Club Car Models other than the XRT line...
I noticed that none of the Rear Springs he showed me had more than 3-Leafs.
My Stock XRT 850 has 4-Leafs each.
Today I removed the #2 Position Leaf (Largest) from each Spring (Easy).
The hardest part was grinding down the Allen Head of a pair of 8mm Bolts to match the original, then to cut the excess flush with the nuts. I could have used the Original Bolts and cut them (I wanted to keep the original bolts original just in case I ever decided to reinstall the Leafs...).
Bottom Line: My XRT 850 Rides Great now and I can still carry 3-Passengers.
randog311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car