lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #21
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: speakers

Brew even put a review on Amazon of this kit. I'm old school and on the g29 that my inlaws will be driving I got the center console that has two cup holders instead of 5 that had the hole cut out for a Indash marine receiver. Ended up getting a Jvc media unit(no cd player) just fm stereo and blue tooth . They mainly listen to the fm radio and aren't too high tech when it comes to pairing or Bluetooth but they know how to plug in the USB cable from there cell phone to play the music through the head unit. Jvc unit was 70$ and 4$ for a marine antennae to pick up the fm stations. Ordered the 6.5" wake tower speakers that I will mount overhead from mcm electronics for 65$. Will have to make a custom mount to attach these to the outer sides of the rain gutters on the g29. About 150$ when all is said and done. Should be good enough for them
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #22
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Sorry,
Just saw the post been busy you can do any standard 12 volt Bluetooth adapter like this
Amazon.com: Fusion MS-BT100 Bluetooth Dongle for Fusion Marine Stereo Head Units: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Fusion MS-BT100 Bluetooth Dongle for Fusion Marine Stereo Head Units: Sports & Outdoors
to the input on the amplifier and then you are good to go.
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #23
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for all the input and help. I just ordered the Pyle amp kit that BrewCityMusic referenced. I started to go the other route with just amp and Bluetooth adapter, but I realized I had some discover card cash earned and I was able to get everything for almost nothing. Will have it on Friday and hope to get it installed this weekend. I will try to get back on and provide a review on how well it works and how the boss likes it.

JD
gadawg31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #24
Fireplug808
Not Yet Wild

Brewcity..the link is not working on my phone. Can you tell me the name of the BT controller you bought. Thanks.
Fireplug808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #25
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Fireplug808, here is the unit that BrewCityMusic was talking about: Pyle PLMRMBT5B Marine Grade. The link was hit and miss for me, but I'm at work. If you search amazon, it will pull right up. $65 and some change is not too bad.

JD
Old 04-29-2015, 05:34 PM   #26
Fireplug808
Not Yet Wild

Awesome. Thank you.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #27
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Oops, been away from the computer for a day but it looks like You guys have it all sorted out, LOL ... I'm awaiting another one of these amps myself, as well as a set of the 6.5" Speakers - My 97 has a custom Roll Cage on it and the available space is going to be tight, even for the 6.5's but if they sound anywhere near as good as their "Big Brothers" then for the price I'm sure there will be no complaints
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:44 AM   #28
Fireplug808
Not Yet Wild

Brew, I think that's what I'm going to go with. The 6.5's. Let us know how they sound. :).
Old 05-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #29
gadawg31
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok guys. I am not sure what is going on, but I am about to pull my hair out with this Pyle Bluetooth amp. I got it in today and it is the same one brewcitymusic has, but mine keeps popping fuses each time I try to hook power up to it. I have followed the instructions to a "T", red on red, black on black and blue to accessory switch. I can get the power light to come on when I hook up the blue wire for accessory, but when I touch either the black or red on the battery, it pops a fuse. I even tried swapping the red and black wires on the battery, but it will pop even quicker. Anyone have any suggestions? I am dead in the water and don't want to send this back, but if it is bad, then I will. Can it be tested? Any help is greatly appreciated now. Thanks.

JD
Old 05-01-2015, 04:35 PM   #30
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yeah, if it's popping fuses when you connect it correctly to 12v power, it is probably bad. I wouldn't waste any more time or fuses.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha