lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Drakeremoray
Not Yet Wild

Default What's needed for jakes LT on G9?

Hey fellas,

I picked up a gas G9 and we live out on a farm and I would like to put the jakes LT on it. Wanted to know what items I should be looking at in addition to the lift. If I am understanding correct the front tires will be sticking out wider than the rears? Am I just looking at installing spacers on the rears to get them to match up? I am not wanting to dump a lot of cash on wheels so I am looking at black steel as it will be for farm use only. Anyone have a good link for a off-road tire wheel combo that would work? I have been searching all over and my eyes can't take anymore Also what is the width of the whole cart after the jakes lift? I have a trailer and want to make sure it will fit on it and not too wide.

Thanks fellas
Drakeremoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
Drakeremoray
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What's needed for jakes LT on G9?

Just spoke to BI and they put together the following list for my lift. What do you guys think about the tire size? Not worried about the cool factor as the goats on the farm are never impressed with anything we do.

6264 Lift Kit $705.99
40312 Tires $78.99 per tire
55118 Rims $24.99 per wheel
10459 Lug Nuts $0.99 per lug nut

I also spoke to the technician here and he said if you want your back tires to line up with your front tires, you will need 3” spacers.

6293 Spacers $129.99
Old 05-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
motojoe1988
Gone Wild
Yamaha

U can look into my thread I had some issues but jakes had done a great job of fixing then and they continue to support there products and stand behind them. U don't need the 3" spacers. I did buy them and haven't mounted them yet but so far it doesn't look ugly and drives just fine. I do however find myself doing a circle with one rear tire in the air and peeling out once it hits ground dunno if the spacer would help be less of a dog leg or if it's the rear stock shocks being older or its just a small cart and no way around it. I'm not sure either way the jakes l.t is pretty good.
motojoe1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:57 PM   #4
Drakeremoray
Not Yet Wild

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. Any tire issues on yours rubbing? What size tires are you running ?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

There are other LT lifts that are not as wide, such as the allsport. But I'd say the Jakes is the nicest. Make sure you get offset wheels for stability, also get atv rated tires they are much tougher. Its a good idea to get more tread than you think it will keep you from getting stuck if you hit mud/sand, but they are not as good on hard surfaces. I would put a umax spring on the secondary, get a HD kevlar belt from CPP if you can stretch it, both will help it pull big tires and tow better. Make sure your tension cable is good or make a solid one (like an eye bolt not a cable). But the cable is not that much from a dealer. Likely cheapest and best selection is 22s or 23 tires, 10" wheels should fit any lift 8s wont. Get 10 or 12 wheels. If you get up to 24 tires they can hit on the rear bumper and rocker you have to (on a g9) move the cradle back and remove the bumper mounts that stick out. Bigger is better for speed and ground clearance, but it will tax the stock power more. I would start with that later you can drop a clone in it and get some power, makes for more fun.

There are tons of threads here that cover stuff if you dig around, yes it can be hard to find them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
Drakeremoray
Not Yet Wild

What do you think about these tires and wheels? Not sure if they are ATV rated though. Would I be better off getting the lift and ordering tires and wheels from another vendor that are ATV rated or does BI have them and I am just not seeing them? The ones listed below are 4 ply.

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/product.asp?sku=56573
Old 05-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Lol you wont find much love for BU here. Most lawn type tires are 2 ply, you do not want those anything more than 2 should be much better. I would not worry about getting them from the same place, just a good place, lot of people here can suggest where.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:42 PM   #8
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Those tires and wheels are what I have on my lifted cart. I like them. They grip good off road and make little noise. They are also good for the yard....... Not so rough they tear up the yard. I bought mine on ebay with free shipping.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha