lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Question Converter Voltage

Got my converter installed but nothing works. Not sure what the problem is. I do know that I am getting about 52 volts to the converter, (from 48 volt Club Car). The voltage from the reducer to fuse block only reads about 9.3. Seems like it should be reading about 12. I tried it both with key off and key on. Any ideas?
ManCow53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Converter Voltage

We need more details on which one you have.. Should have a 48 volt input + and - then an activation wire. 12 output + and shares - wire from input
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Actually I am calling it a converter and it is actually a reducer. It is 25 amp with 4 lugs. It has 12- and 12 plus along with B- and B plus. I am running the 12 posts to the fuse block and the B posts to the batteries.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:02 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does it has a small trigger wire? Is it hooked up to a keyed hot?

You were having issues with the same in another post right? You really should stick with the thread you started about sparking when hooking up the voltage reducer. If you had something hooked up backward there you may have blown at best a fuse or at worst you shorted out the new reducer...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Actually I was having sparking issues in another post but that was resolved. My newest crisis is that I am getting plenty of voltage from batteries to reducer and from reducer to fuse block. However, I am only getting about 9.3 volts from reducer to fuse block. Trying to figure out why I do not have 12 volts.
Old 07-11-2015, 10:41 PM   #6
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Sorry I misspoke, I am getting correct voltage from batteries to reducer. Problem is not enough voltage from reducer to fuse block. It is not keyed hot nor does it have any extra wires.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:02 AM   #7
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCow53 View Post
Actually I was having sparking issues in another post but that was resolved. My newest crisis is that I am getting plenty of voltage from batteries to reducer and from reducer to fuse block. However, I am only getting about 9.3 volts from reducer to fuse block. Trying to figure out why I do not have 12 volts.
Was it resolved? Or perhaps what you are now seeing is the result of your admission of hooking some wires up wrong in the previous post... If your 48>12 voltage reducer has no trigger wire and you are indeed feeding 48 volts into the proper input wires and your not getting but 9.3 volts from the output of the reducer then the problem is that the reducer is either defective or damaged in some way... The only advise I can see giving is to make sure that any fuse you may have used gets replaced as I've seen fuses that appear and check good via a continuity tester but are actually bad and will not pass amperage.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:10 AM   #8
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

First off if you have a wiring diagram post it along with any instructions if you can scan them, it would save a lot of time. You can't assume they are all wired the exact same so no way of us knowing unless we see what you have exactly. If you do indeed have it hooked up correctly then it may be defective.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #9
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Tks guys. I will check the fuses and proceed with obtaining a new reducer.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:26 PM   #10
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you already had lights on your cart You are probably running it through your old 16 to 12 volt reducer. You need remove it or jumper it out.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car