lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2015, 07:11 PM   #11
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Converter Voltage

You are right and I did remove the old one. Installed a new converter and am getting approximately 57 volts for input and 12.5 for the output. I think that with my prior problems I also blew my radio. Now at the connections for the back of the radio I am getting about 16 volts. Is this normal or should it be closer to 12 volts? Cant understand why output is 12.5 and getting 16. Anyway, radio isnt working so guess its time to buy a new one.
ManCow53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #12
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

On the drivers side of the cart look at the third battery. If there is still a 10 gauge blue wire to it remove/unplug it. That is the source of the 16 volts your reading.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #13
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Nope, no unnecessary wires at all.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #14
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry just realized I don't even know what type of cart you have. I gave you information for a Precedent. But it should be similar. On one of the batteries there should be a connection that your getting the 16 volts from. You need to disconnect that wire and reconnect it to the 12v output from the converter. If you can attach a picture of your batteries.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:20 PM   #15
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

I only have the normal battery cables running in a series. In addition I have the negative 48v from the battery to the fuse block, the positive 48v from the battery to the fuse block, and the wire from the converter that was to be connected to the switch but I decided to wire it directly to battery #1. There is one last wire that is running from the positive post of the first battery to the solenoid or voltage regulator, (I really dont know what to call it).
Old 07-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #16
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the cart is a 1997 48v Club Car DS
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 PM   #17
ManCow53
Not Yet Wild

Please disregard my prior post. I actually have a neg wire from converter to battery 6 and pos wire from converter to battery 1. There is also a wire that was to be connected to the key switch but I connected to battery 1 positive instead as I dont care if the converter is on 24/7. Lastly there is positive wire and a negative wire from the converter to the fuse block.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #18
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

From what you describe you have what is in the top half of the attached diagram. What you need to do is find out where you are picking up the 16 volts and remove that connection and connect it to the 12v output. You may not have to make the bottom dotted line connection because the neg might be common. So make the two dotted line connections in the lower part of the diagram. Break the connections with the big X and you should be in business. But what ever you do don't connect 16v to the 12v output. Verify with a voltmeter that the 16v are gone after you break the connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram.jpg (53.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car