lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car charger

I have a 2010 precedent and my charger apparently just died on me. Are there things you can check on a charger like fuses are when they die do you just toss them? Where is the best place to get a new or used one at?
WayneMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club car charger

I am going through the same thing with my charger. Do you have a manual for it? If not you can find one here maybe or online. There are many items inside these chargers they can go bad. If discovered to be bad the parts are cheap unless it turns out to be the transformer. I don't have any experience with testing things but I bought a cheap multimeter from Harbor Freight for under $20 bucks and was able to complete all the diagnostic test myself. It's pretty simple. Others will chime in here that know more about your specific model. An online search will also give you many places to purchase a new charger. You can also buy one from vendors on this site.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
crash test dummy

please give us the make and model of your charger

most are repairable
Old 08-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

I cab repair most of the PD-3 chargers very inexpensively
But, You will have to ship it to my shop in New Iberia, La.
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:59 PM   #5
crash test dummy

i wish you were closer i got 5 dead chargers
Old 08-08-2015, 04:45 PM   #6
WayneMac
Not Yet Wild

Update.....Charger was not broken! I recently had work done to my cart. I put a 500amp Altrax controller on this cart. I had to unhook the main negative wire from my battery and the controller i guess reset and when i hooked it back up after a few minutes it worked fine. The place that did the upgrade told me this may happen to my charger with this new controller. Hope its not a regular occurance (they said it shouldnt be). No clue why it would do this, just glad I didnt have to get a new charger. Seems to be working fine now.
WayneMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #7
crash test dummy

this has happened on an ezgo i did ... now i know it's same on club car
Old 08-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #8
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah Crash, I wish You were closer also, I have been repairing them for the 2 local shops here and I found the MOST COMMON Problem to be the exact same thing with 99% of them so, I decided to start doing repairs to them here in my shop...............

If you decide, ship them here, and I think USPS is cheaper then UPS and FEDEX
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:53 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneMac View Post
Update.....Charger was not broken! I recently had work done to my cart. I put a 500amp Altrax controller on this cart. I had to unhook the main negative wire from my battery and the controller i guess reset and when i hooked it back up after a few minutes it worked fine. The place that did the upgrade told me this may happen to my charger with this new controller. Hope its not a regular occurance (they said it shouldnt be). No clue why it would do this, just glad I didnt have to get a new charger. Seems to be working fine now.
If You also had the shop install upgraded cables to replace the stock 6ga, make sure there is a single cable from pack negative to the controller B- and that the cable goes through the OBC.

The controller has no effect whatsoever on the OBC or charging.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Chargers are simple to repair, and most repairs are right around 100 bucks. They are not complicated.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car