lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #1
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone with Madjax 600amp On the fly controller?

I've seen other posts, but I'm looking for someone who has been using it and it they think it's made a difference in speed and torque?

I saw the video and pulling the truck was impressive.
Also they could spin the wheels.

Does anyone feel that they could do those with it?
I want to go up some steep hills.

Thank you.
Dukes001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
bakerm07
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone with Madjax 600amp On the fly controller?

Contact @ScottyB on here, he is a site sponsor. He sells Alltrax controllers. His products he sells have made a big difference on my cart!
bakerm07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check the sponsor page. Revolution Golf Carts sells this product. Do a search and you will find some threads on it too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Thanks Scottyb.

bakerm07, I sold one to a fellow forum member, Fishbooz. He loves it. Here's the thread. If you're gonna do it I highly recommend the heavy duty solenoid. Heavy Duty battery cables are a must as well. Get them from Scottyb. They're top quality. Please let me know if you have any questions about the MadJax kit. I'd be more than happy to help you out.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Thanks Scottyb.

bakerm07, I sold one to a fellow forum member, Fishbooz. He loves it. Here's the thread. If you're gonna do it I highly recommend the heavy duty solenoid. Heavy Duty battery cables are a must as well. Get them from Scottyb. They're top quality. Please let me know if you have any questions about the MadJax kit. I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Thank you. My carts a 2002 IQ, so it's 13 years old and I don't want to "break" the motor and have to buy a new one or have it rebuilt. Would this be a safe thing for me to use? Thanks
Old 10-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

You won't "break" your motor with the Madjax controller. The adjust on the fly knob will allow you to dial in the exact level of performance you want, so you can keep it turned down most of the time if you are afraid of it being "overworked." And you would need to upgrade all your load bearing cables to handle the increased amperage.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #7
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes001 View Post
I've seen other posts, but I'm looking for someone who has been using it and it they think it's made a difference in speed and torque?

I saw the video and pulling the truck was impressive.
Also they could spin the wheels.

Does anyone feel that they could do those with it?
I want to go up some steep hills.

Thank you.
I just installed mine last week and it made a huge difference in torque and about 4 mph more in speed , got it up to 21 mph. It actually provides more torque than I need but that is what the OTF is for, you can tune it how you like. I got mine from David with Revolution Carts and had it in hand a few days after I ordered it, he has them listed on his website. I am very pleased with it as I was looking mainly for torque as I use mine as a hunting buggy and my stock precedent excel was pretty weak on torque. You want have a problem with any hills, that's for sure. I still need to upgrade the solenoid and cables as that is all still stock, so I am making that my next project. I know very little about golf carts and I don't like electricity but the install was very simple with very easy directions. It actually comes with dummy proof directions, which is why I was able to install it . My wife even likes driving it now that it will get up and go. Bad thing is she can't drive worth a hoot
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #8
Dukes001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I'm going to look at a few other options and do a write up about what I do! Thanks again!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car