lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2015, 01:36 AM   #1
Bigwheelwill
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New to carts need some advice

Hey thanks for reading and the feedback is appreciated. I recently purchased a 2009 club car with lift kit wheels tires and folding back seat 48volt new batteries. My question is what maintenance do I need to do to keep the cart functioning safely and properly. I am mechanically inclined from motocross background..now father of 2 and this is the closest I get to my old days lol.
Bigwheelwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
harleychief
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to carts need some advice

Bigwheelwill - i'm no expert here either but maybe I can give you some starting points.
1. Batteries - They are probably going to be your biggest maintenence at first. I'd go over and make sure they are topped off and that all the connections are tight. Also that the batteries are secured and don't bounce around. You didn't mention what type of charger you have but some have a feature that you can leave them plugged in all the time and the charger will maintain the battery for maximum life. See the ones scottyb sells.
2. Front end - check to make sure you don't have excessive play in the front end.
3. Wheels/Tires - check tires for abnormal wear and double check the wheel lugs.
4. The last thing I'd look at is the steering, I'd check how much play you have since this was an aftermarket add on. Lots of luck with you new ride!
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:53 AM   #3
Bigwheelwill
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks I will have to check and see what charger I have. What about the motor? Axles ? Wheel bearings? Etc I just got it so I haven't had much time to mess with it yet everything seems sound as of now.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:29 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

No No No, don't top off batteries, only cover the plates about 1/4-1/2 inch. Keep distilled water level below the neck of the fill well.

I know Harleychief didn't mean fill to the top, but it reads that way.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwheelwill View Post
Thanks I will have to check and see what charger I have. What about the motor? Axles ? Wheel bearings? Etc I just got it so I haven't had much time to mess with it yet everything seems sound as of now.
Motor, axles and wheel bearings are low on your maintenance list. I will add a few things though.

1) Grease the front suspension just so you know when it was done last ( 5 zerks, I believe)

2) With a lift, check the tightness of the U-bolts of the rear springs at least quarterly. They can and have stretched.

3) The most valuable maintenance will be spent on keeping the batteries and cable ends clean and tight.

4) P&P (Park and Plug in)- Make sure the charger is plugged into cart at the end of every day's use. Even if it was only used for 5 minutes.

5) Always, always wear eye protection when working around the batteries (I learned the hard way). No jewelry and tape up your tools. We're dealing with a lot of amperage, gotta respect it.

Welcome to the madness.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:29 AM   #6
Bigwheelwill
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok all good advice thanks for help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car