lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Yamaha G16 Clutch questions

Hello I am trying to figure out what happened to my golf cart this weekend, Was working perfect but now when I try to start it lunges forward and my drive belt is really tight. it seems like my primary clutch isnt disengaging but i am not sure, any advice will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
dlees is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16 Clutch questions

The weight has slipped past the roller in the clutch. This is caused by 1 of 2 things. 1- flat spot on one or more rollers. 2- flat spot on one or more roller caused by large step on sliding portion of clutch from excessive clutch wear (requires replacement). Here is some pics of a clutch that was too worn for just a roller replacement job. Blue tape arrow indicates wear points. The third pic is the clutch shave with roller in the center of the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160201_145554_243.jpg (154.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160201_145540_575.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg y6epehe9.jpg (256.6 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #3
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for all the info and pics, i will have to take clutch cover off and check it out, it was weird how it happened so suddenly, where can i get clutch parts?

Old 10-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Also I just installed new secondary clutch set,

Old 10-30-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Don't even both to fix it. Its very old school. Put a Team clutch on it, or the new 2017 clutch.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Don't even both to fix it. Its very old school. Put a Team clutch on it, or the new 2017 clutch.
^^^ This. You can now buy a complete bolt on replacement for less than the kit to rebuild the rollers etc.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Lookup Gboost for a nice stock replacement at a good price, or new rollers for yours. The team primary clutch should be avoided for you, as it is designed for a team secondary clutch (contrary to what you read, you should not mix team clutch on one end with a non-team cutch on other end, it's not even designed for the same belt & yours can't be converted to team secondary clutch). I like the G16-G22 clutch, the repair parts are cheapest.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:42 PM   #8
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks everyone, Yea I'm the kinda guy who likes to bolt on new parts, not rebuild old ones. Especially after seeing what it takes to replace rollers lol. I'll probably buy one on Ebay I saw a guy selling Take-off clutches off newer carts for 150 with new bolt to install them.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:20 PM   #9
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Lookup Gboost for a nice stock replacement at a good price, or new rollers for yours. The team primary clutch should be avoided for you, as it is designed for a team secondary clutch (contrary to what you read, you should not mix team clutch on one end with a non-team cutch on other end, it's not even designed for the same belt & yours can't be converted to team secondary clutch). I like the G16-G22 clutch, the repair parts are cheapest.
I find the team clutch with the early secondary clutch a great combo. Every shop where I'm at does it. I even have friends indifferent parts of the country that all do it. Give it a try, it works great.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:03 AM   #10
dlees
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have a question about my secondary clutch spring, i have a umaxx spring i just dont know what setting i want it at, i drive my cart mainly in trails and at my campground which is alot of offroad to get to the beaches and stuff I have it at b2 with it turned clockwise one notch but I was wondering what is the best for my driving style.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha