lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Lifts, Rims, Tires

Newbie here (old guy) I just bought a gas G29 2013 all stock. Want to lift it a little. Not sure if I want a 3" lift or if I can handle it with just rims and tires. It will be used street only. Neighbor has one with 5" lift too high for me. I don't know anything about rim sizes or tire sizes.
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2017, 03:55 AM   #2
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lifts, Rims, Tires

Have read and read a lot. S-l-o-w-l-y getting an education. Have found out it's the tire size not the rim size that dictates height. (if you don't know, you don't know) Now I need help in getting width and height of tire that will fit without a lift.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:01 AM   #3
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Our cart came with a 6" spindle lift but if I had it to do all over I would go with the 3" lift. The cart would be more stable and easier to get in and out of. With a Jake's 3" spindle lift the Recommended Tire & Wheel Size is 20x10x10.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks LimitedEdition. My thoughts were that the 6" is too high also. I'm still left wondering if tires and rims will get me to where I want to be or adding the 3" lift is a must. I know it is a personal preference. I don't know if I can get tires tall enough with clearance to put me up a couple of inches. Thanks again.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Even going to something like a 205/30-12 (18.5" total height) is going to rub without a lift - You need a 3" lift to run tires up to 20" total height, and a 6" to run 22's or 23's on the YDR (G29) if You want to play it safe. With stock suspension, You can only really go to a 215/35-12 which is about an inch taller overall than stock, so it will raise the cart 1/2".
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #6
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thank you BrewCityMusic!! Now I'm getting somewhere. The fog is slowly clearing it has 18X8.50-8 on it now that came with it. I think that is the stock tire and rim.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I know most carts you can fit a 20" x8 lawn tire but does not give you much, people mostly use them for traction (traction tread lawn tires) so they have some grip on wet grass and so on. A G9 will fit 20x10 on the rear but not the front unless you spacer the wheel out a little. And if you put weight on the cart they might rub, weight meaning more than two normal people. You might look through the road cart section they have lot of builds with various road tires, see if you can find some G29 builds.

Taller tires give you some free speed, you have to figure what you really want from the cart. You can always put HS gears in and not worry about speed much with normal size tires that fit with no lift. HS gears 8:1 and stock 18 tires are about the same mph as 22-23 tires and stock gears.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #8
Ozzysgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

2013 G29 with 3" Lift will fit 22" Tires and fill the entire wheel wellbvery well.

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk
Ozzysgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks guys. All of this has put me on the right path. Will do the 3" lift and shop for tires and rims. Anybody know the best buy on tires and rims? (I know, a lot of questions. I'm getting there)
Old 05-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Stock tires on PTV model are already 21". My number one mod used with most aftermarket wheels is drill a hole in the mud flap into the bumper, and use a "Christmas tree fastener" to pin the mud flap to th bumper.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha