lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lifts, Rims, Tires

cgtech you are making me show my lack of knowledge (ignorance) . I don't know what a PTV model is. Mud flap I got and Christmas tree fastener I got, but PTV model not so much
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2017, 02:23 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The PTV is just a Yamaha Drive with factory lights, reflectors, mirror, horn, and capable of 19mph (but not 20 or higher) from the factory. Actually PTV (personal transportation vehicle) is not really a model, actually part of a specification framework for "slower than typical street vehicles" set by ANSI & adopted by the government. In the case of the new Yamaha equipped as a PTV comes with Dot approved tires that are larger than standard 18 inch cart tires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:41 AM   #13
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Just got a education. Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #14
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

best deals on tires and rims is to watch your local Craig's list.. I got lucky and got mine for a steal.... just had to be patient..

or you have to go to the local dealer to see what they have in stock.. or what they can order for you...

figuring out the height can be a real pain... off road tires give you outer diameter x width x rim diameter in inches..... street tires go by regular car tire dimensions which are usually in metric and you have to do some converting to get back to inches...

the height of the tire impacts your ground clearance and overall height of the cart..

the lift kit only impacts the height of your cart ( and the ability to put taller tires on)

keep searching the threads to find out ways to get your cart to do what you want... there are lots of combinations.. good luck and have fun
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #15
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Great info QB100!!! Everybody that has posted here cleared it up one step at a time. As I said you don't know what you don't know. Thanks
Old 05-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #16
CEThomas
Not Yet Wild

I just got a 99 EZ Go gas cart. My wife can get me mounted 23x 10.50-12 for it through work. Can I use a 4" lift or do I need a 6" lift. Sorry if it's been covered before. I am new to this.

Thanks
CEThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I don't have a G29 in stock at the moment, but hopefully this will help a bit, in the first pic You'll see a stock cart tire on the factory 8" wheel, next to it is a 20X10-8 mounted on another stock wheel - like mentioned earlier, it's a bit taller but predominantly wider and more aggressive to give a bit more traction.

20170525_122549.jpg

This is that same 20" tire mounted on a relatively stock Yamahauler Utility Cart with a 4" lift - with a G29, 3" would be sufficient to do the 20's but I wouldn't go much bigger without a larger lift

20170525_174041.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #18
Coolbreeze
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

BrewCityMusic, thanks. Haven't done anything yet. We are at beach enjoying the cart and weekend.Thank you for the reply.

GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR VETERANS!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha