lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #11
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G-1 clutch puller

Just get one on amazon, quality is fine and it'll arrive quick. Just don't hit it with a hammer as some have suggested.. mine popped right off using the puller bolt with a 1/2 inch impact.
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2017, 08:17 AM   #12
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I think you would be better off putting some tension on it and striking it with a hammer than hitting it with an impact and breaking if off. If its not a good puller it can happen.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #13
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

They are designed to be hit with a hammer thats how I messed my cheap one up snap on impact kept turning with no results
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #14
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Guess I was lucky then?

Still kinda confused why you would hit it.. The puller bolt is designed to thread thru the clutch and push the clutch assembly off and away from the engine case and shaft. I was under the impression that the threading and screw action separated the 2.

Figured the vibration of the impact would help loosen things up but I would think hitting it could mess up the threads if done too hard. Could be wrong. Either way best of luck getting yours off!

I'll be mating my G1 clutch to a 420 clone soon! Just need some help with belt length and widths..
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #15
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

the bolt threads into the clutch and the nose of the tool pushes against the crank to push it (press) out. the threads are plenty strong enough and the vibrations from striking the end of the tool help release it from the tapered fit.

Striking the end of a puller is common practice on many types of equipment and pullers. Sometimes depending on what your pulling and if your trying to save it or not you can also strike the item being pulled. a stuck brake drum for example
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha