lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2018, 01:26 AM   #1
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Cart I.D. questions

I need help with i.d. numbers on a cart I am thinking of buying as the owner is of no help with this info. He thinks it is a 2009. On the chassis near the right shock mount I see JW1-206675 which I have found as a 2009 model. On the engine I see by the spark plug JR6-141011 Which I found is 2003 or 2004. Are these years correct? I am thinking the engine,cradle and drive axel have been swapped out due to the brake set up being drums on each side. The engine has been dusted, as in ran with no air filter and one bolt holding the air box to the carb. It does not smoke at all, fires right up and has plenty of power and sounds strong. Over all it has a clean body, roof with stereo, two piece windshield, rear seat and UTV style rims and tires with spacers. The bad is the dusted motor, broken rear shock reservoir and hacked wiring. Any information on the i.d. numbers and an opinion on a value of this cart would be much appreciated as I am new to carts. Thanks.
dezrcr822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart I.D. questions

Pictures of engine body and rearaxle would help in anwersering questions
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The JW1-2##### would indicate 2009 gas Drive. Engine number makes sense to be correct, in that year it was a carry-over from G22a. Axle must have been swapped, that should be a team axle in '09. That's not a bad thing tho, the Dana was the better axle anyway.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:33 PM   #4
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Great, thanks for the response. So the Dana is better then. Only the left side brake works. There is a single cable from the pedal attached to the brake arm on the left side that I adjusted and it works well. On the right there is no tab on the axel or cradle to attach a cable to, there is an actuator arm on the drum for a cable though. Is there a Dana specific cable set I can use to have both brakes work that would be somewhat easy to find? I am thinking that it would be similar to a parking brake set up for drum brakes on a car, single cable from the hand brake, to a splitter, to two cables to each drum. Stopping is kind of weak. I can fab a tab and weld it to the cradle like the left side to hold the cable if needed. I dont want to buy a cart thats been frankensteined and have a big headache trying to get the brakes working correctly. Pics are kind of hard for me to get right now but I will try tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #5
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Found in another thread that listed shopyamaha and found what looks like what I would need. Will my brake pedal be able to be reused or will I need an earlier one? What model would I use to get the right parts or is this something I would have to take a pic of to get the right year as im unsure of what years and models interchange? Sorry for all the noob questions But I always seem to buy oddball models and have a nightmare getting the right parts.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:47 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Need the newer style pedal assembly and newer style cable set.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:39 AM   #7
dezrcr822
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks cgtech for the info. Going to make an offer on this cart soon. Sounds like a pita to get the brakes correct but what isnt? The rest of the cart is worth the trouble of redoing the brakes for the right price. If I get it I will have more questions. If not ill keep looking.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

JW8-F7850-30-00 Brake pedal assembly.

This page has the info of all the little bits you will need.

https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-cat...(YDRAX5_-_2015)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha