lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2018, 08:31 AM   #11
89ezgo6473
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No spark after HEI conversion

What I was referring to was the testing of the starter generator. How do you test that with a multimeter?
89ezgo6473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #12
Frederic Lynes
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89ezgo6473 View Post
What I was referring to was the testing of the starter generator. How do you test that with a multimeter?
What I do is jack my rear wheels up and put the multimeter test leads on the battery, and press the gas pedal with the golf cart in forward....I have no neutral...if you do, then put it in neutral; the voltage should read around 14-15 volts, +/- .5 volts. If it reads higher than that, then the voltage regulator is at fault; if the voltage isn't even registering the minimum voltage, then the generator is at fault. I know it's possible, but I've yet to see a starter/generator go bad on a golf cart.

BTW, I know this is probably going to sound like a dumb question, but I'm an inquisitive idiot....did you put thermal paste on the back of the module, before you mounted it to the heat sink?
Frederic Lynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #13
89ezgo6473
Not Yet Wild

I did put the grease on it. Left the grease on from the first module then put more on it. Will be putting 3rd module on this week and checking the battery voltage. Having a hell of a time tracking this thing down.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #14
89ezgo6473
Not Yet Wild

Put new module on today and fired up just fine. Volts from the battery were 14.79 on average while it was running. Could I possibly have a grounding issue on the module itself?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO