lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
GreenGoblin
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT Golf Cart Won't Start "Hot"

I have a 2005 EZGO TXT Gas Golf Cart. The cart starts fine but, once driven for a period of time and stopped, it won't start again until it sits for a while. Sometimes I can drive it a fair distance without this happening, other times it happens after shorter distances. The battery is new. Not sure what this could be.

I am NOT handy nor knowledgable, sadly.

Any assistance from the knowledgeable folks around here as to what to look at would be greatly appreciated!
GreenGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2019, 07:31 AM   #2
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO TXT Golf Cart Won't Start "Hot"

Is the starter spinning the engine over and the engine won't start or is it doing nothing? A little more info please..
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
GreenGoblin
Not Yet Wild

The cart runs totally fine while it's driving after the first ride (and after it restarts after sitting).

When I stop and it won't start, nothing happens. The starter is not spinning the engine. No click from the solenoid. No movement from the starter. It acts basically like the cart is turned off.
GreenGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Two thoughts on this.
Run it in neutral. Put a meter on the battery terminals. Make sure the voltage regulator is allowing the battery to charge. You should see around 14.5 volts while running.

The other thought is loose, or dirty connections. An easy one to miss is hidden corrosion inside the positive battery cable.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
1arunem
Gone Wild

Are you getting power at/through the solenoid? I am guessing at but not through.. Check and go from there.. See if your getting power on the small red lead on the solenoid when you press the pedal.. (make sure in neutral or rear of cart jacked up)
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO