lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #1
ezgoin1980
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Best source for a new 2PG carb?

So I am wanting to buy a brand new carb for my 1986 EZGO

I already made the mistake of buying a cheapo Amazon or maybe I got it on Ebay $25.00 "factory replacement carb" the float had a hole in it and fills up with fuel.

I considered swapping the float from the original carb but I honestly don't want to use the china carb and the factory carb is corroded. I am using the factory carb but it has just seen its better day. I have completely disassembled and cleaned. It runs good at first but the carb is old and wasn't always taken care of there's corrosion in places I just can't get all of it.

I've seen prices of carbs from $20 up to $70. I am fine with paying $70 for a carb that is of better quality but I don't want to pay $70 for a $20 carb!
ezgoin1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best source for a new 2PG carb?

It’s almost impossible to find a genuine Mikuni carb. Lots of threads on here of guys (including myself) looking for them. Pretty sure even the $70 ones you’re finding are the Mokini crap carbs. I tried swapping internals myself, didn’t work out for me either. I’m on my second Mokini...this one is making due, for now. I’m considering engine swap just for carb availability alone!
jcgonzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I believe the only difference between the 3pg and 2pg carba is the 2pg uses a slightly smaller jet. You can buy brand new 3pg carbs from ezgo directly. I think they're around $180

Your other alternative would be find a good used one on Ebay.

I use an ultrasonic cleaner for carbs. It is heated too. I'll get a gallon pale of gunk carb cleaner, heat to around d 55C and run them 20-30 minutes. Thata usually plenty for most carbs. As long as they're not corroded so bad they're eroding (usually.where the pin for the float bowl goes is the first to deteriorate) with the U/S cleaner and compressed air, I think I've had 1 carb I couldn't/didnt try to save. It came.off a honda 4wheeler and there was SO much corrosion inside, you could see a perfect mold of the float. The bowl was completely packed solid. I just tossed it in the trash because I had a spare from another project and didn't even try
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:42 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Also, most of the china carbs are the same thing. But some sellers mark them up to $70 or $80 so you have the perception you're getting something better. In reality the only thing better is their profit margins
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:35 PM   #5
ezgoin1980
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I removed the factory air filter box and run a serviceable wet K&N style filter so I could probably handle the jetting they use in the 3pg carb... I just might order that carb
ezgoin1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #6
mark.miklaucic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have an 88 and been through three of the Mokuni Chinesium carbs this year so far. None of them have worked well, but are serviceable for a short time. I am interested in the 3pg factory carb you are talking about. Do you have a part number. Please let us know how it goes. I would be willing to spend the extra money on a quality carb. All but the 88 run the BV-18 mikuni, the 88 runs the BV-24. What size is the 3 PG?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
mark.miklaucic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
mark.miklaucic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Any updates on the 3pg carb? Interested in knowing how it turned out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
mark.miklaucic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2pg, carb, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO