lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #1
Mattryan06
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 ezgo running rich

New to the forum and having some issues with my 2006 ezgo txt w/ Robbins 295cc. Sorry for the long post but wanted to make sure I explain everything. It started to have a problem with cold starting and losing power while in gear. I swapped the air filter and spark plugs but didn’t help. Cleaned the carb and replaced the carb and still no change. The plugs turn black and dry charcoal like almost right away. The cart runs good in neutral but has no power in gear. Checked compression and have 185 and 182. Checked spark and both plugs have fire. I took the air filter and housing off and it runs great. I’ve searched the forum with no success. I’m at a loss on what it could be and what to check next.
Mattryan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2020, 10:47 AM   #2
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2006 ezgo running rich

Check valve lash?

Float too high?
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 ezgo running rich

First, I'm guessing you got a cheap $20 aftermarket carb. I'd start by cleaning your OEM carb really well and scrapping the Chinese junk. That's the most likely cause of your fouled out plugs.

Second, check your clutches and belt. No power under a load 99% of the time is a clutch problem, not an engine problem. Secondary clutch wears out and you'll do semi-ok on flat ground but any kind of a hill and it will have a hard time getting out of it's own way.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO