lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
kliss
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Club Car Engine Quitting

Good Morning!

Having an issue with my 2012 Gas Club Car. I was using it just fine the two nights of league on Wednesday and Thursday and having no issues. Then Friday, I am planning on golf with the wife and the cart would drive for about 2 minutes and quit. Just stalled out. So I through it in neutral and back into forward and bang drives again, for about 2 minutes.

So I played my round (just 9 holes) with it going on and off. Sometimes it wouldn't work right after putting it from neutral and back to forward, so I would put it in reverse and back to forward and it would work.

I did change the fuel filter thinking that could have been the issue, but had no luck.

tl:dr version - cart drives for a couple minutes and sputters out. Put in neutral and back to drive and works for a couple minutes and sputters out. Rinse and repeat for 9 holes.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks and happy Monday!
kliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2020, 05:03 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2012 Club Car Engine Quitting

Unless the shifter mechanism is worn out, or the switch has some corrosion or junk inside it (which is not likely) more than likely you're losing spark which would either be due to a failing rev limiter or ignition coil.

When was the last time it got a tune-up like new spark plug, fuel filters, etc?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #3
kliss
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2012 Club Car Engine Quitting

I actually figured it out. It was the Neutral Safety Switch. Looks like I'm going to need a new one of them, but got it fixed until the new one comes.
kliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car