lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
mcelhany00
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Turn Signal Question

Hello,
Last night I installed a universal turn signal lever onto my 2012 Gas EZGO Shuttle 2+2. It already had factory headlights so I just cut off the factory turn signal plug and wired it up EXACTLY as the wiring diagram showed. All of the lights work just as they should but the flasher clicks constantly unless I remove the blue wire from the turn signal lever which is for the pilot light on the turn lever. When I say it clicks, I mean it makes a slow clicking noise like it is activating the turn lights but it is not. If I remove the pilot light wire from the flasher, everything still works as it should, just the pilot light on the turn lever does not work anymore. Since this is primarily my wifes cart, I want everything to work as it should so this bothers me. Any ideas on why having the pilot light wire hooked up correctly would cause the flasher to click constantly or what the fix is for this? I am wondering if a diode is needed in that circuit to prevent this from happening. Any suggestions?
mcelhany00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turn Signal Question

A diode is a one way valve. What good would that do in a DC circuit?

The flasher clicks because it is a bimetallic strip that heats up when there is current flow. When it gets hot enough, it opens the circuit until it closes again.

It sounds like the switch has an internal short that is allowing the flasher circuit to get a slight amount of power when it shouldn't be. That's why it's clicking slow.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
mcelhany00
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Turn Signal Question

[QUOTE=cart around;1757200]A diode is a one way valve. What good would that do in a DC circuit?

The flasher clicks because it is a bimetallic strip that heats up when there is current flow. When it gets hot enough, it opens the circuit until it closes again.

It sounds like the switch has an internal short that is allowing the flasher circuit to get a slight amount of power when it shouldn't be. That's why it's clicking slow.[/QUOTE

"IF" the switch is shorted internally a diode could block the back feeding of current stopping the clicking.
I'm just throwing out a guess on the diode. Diodes do work in DC circuits
mcelhany00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, lights, turn signal, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO