lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #11
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to wire up a Tachometer to an 85, HELP

Update;

Sent the Equus back, kinda gave up on the idea but then in a weak moment I decided to take a chance on this no name Chinese cheapie ($30). Liked it better anyway as it's ALL chrome instead of just the bezel (plastic chrome that is, however they do that lol). Ya know the ole saying; 'Chrome don't get ya home'. I say well maybe not, but it sure looks good sittin' on the side of the road

Anyway, I temporarily wired it up and so far it works nicely. Yes Yes Yes, Success!!

During crankover it reads about 900, my laser beam shootin' test tach reads 780ish so that's close enough. At wfo (with wheels off the ground) it reads 5000, the test tach reads about 5200. Again, in the ballpark and close enough for me.....

I don't know how long it'll last lol, and it didn't say anything about being waterproof either. But it looks cool so I'm going to finish installing it and hope for the best.....

BTW;
The tach pick up wire needs to be tied into the orange wire between the coil and ignitor, there's a bullet style connection in this wire that made it easy to tap into....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201128_170005.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201128_170701.jpg (230.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201128_170753.jpg (192.2 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO