lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #1
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Default Club car Carry All exhaust

Have an exhaust issue with a 96+ carryall, the actual muffler has more rust holes than a piece of swiss cheese. I have cut the actual muffler piece off. Looked at replacing the entire exhaust with a new one and at $250 dollars I was wondering if anyone has any luck with retrofitting an aftermarket muffler onto the pipe that remains in front of where the muffler would be. If you have can you please point me in the direction of what worked for you
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
redraptor
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club car Carry All exhaust

I went thru this last year with my 272. Couldn't get by the $300 price tag. I ended up buying an atv type muffler from Summit for like 50 bux. It's side inlet then straight out. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. I also had to fab up a head pipe as most of mine was patched. Got pix somewhere of it.
redraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If your pipe is good, a walker 22229 would be a close fit in size.

Make sure to extend the outlet down towards the axle like the oem muffler does or it will eventually melt a hole through the back of the plastic body where it blows out. Not that I’ve done that personally but I did buy a card that the downpipe exiting the muffler has rusted off and that’s what happened.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Thanks guys
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The walker is straight in and straight out. Should work well to replace the oem.

I’ve never used one on a golf cart but I did buy a Polaris magnum 330 that had a REALLY bad muffler. It went right on and was surprisingly quiet. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too loud at all on a golf cart. And carryalls have that big heavy aluminum bed that quiets things down even more.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car