lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 13 hp Kawasaki performance

if i were to spend the money on a 08 i would spend another 80.00 or less for a tach, i would want something other then the sound of a rod blowing out of the block to tell me that i'm pushing it to far. a lot depends on the brain power of the operator, i agree safety is important but most things are dangerous without using common sense.
a jet ski will do 60 and it has no brakes, jus say'n

just my two cents
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
ruredy
Born Wild

Regardless of who thinks what, I answered the op's question about "why" it was said about going to far with it. I know the posts he's talking about.
I have nothing against tachs or going fast, Just kinda pointing out what someone should every now and then. I don't think anyone could pick a better example than a jet ski, people are killing themselves all the time with those. jus' sayin' ..... common sense isn't that common.....
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
Loud & Lifted
Here for the beer

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
Regardless of who thinks what, I answered the op's question about "why" it was said about going to far with it. I know the posts he's talking about.
I have nothing against tachs or going fast, Just kinda pointing out what someone should every now and then. I don't think anyone could pick a better example than a jet ski, people are killing themselves all the time with those. jus' sayin' ..... common sense isn't that common.....
Loud & Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #14
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

common sense isn't that common....

this is very true.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
J&M Golf Carts
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
If your talking about what ezgomike had posted then I believe his concerns were in the form of a safety issue. It's my understanding that there is no rev limiter on the kawasaki engine and valve float is what keeps the rpms down. You can get these carts to run really fast and with no safety equipment if something were to happen it's almost a certainty there would be injuries. On most carts even the brakes are questionable at best, I can't count the number of times i've seen people crash into things (with slow carts) cause they can't stop in time. ad a little speed and the risks increase exponentially.
To be safe, don't worry about a tach, ad a 4 point safety harness and a roll cage. you can always fix the engine if your not paralyzed from having a cart roll over top of you going 35
Back on topic then...the FJ400 does not have a rev limiter on the engine itself. It is part of the electrical system on the cart. Valve float would keep rpm down, however, I have never seen any engine that relied on valve float to limit rpm. Most equipment has some form of electrical limiter before valve float would occur.

Just my pair of pennies...on topic...
J&M Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&M Golf Carts View Post
Back on topic then...the FJ400 does not have a rev limiter on the engine itself. It is part of the electrical system on the cart. Valve float would keep rpm down, however, I have never seen any engine that relied on valve float to limit rpm. Most equipment has some form of electrical limiter before valve float would occur.

Just my pair of pennies...on topic...
I was told the ezgo doesn't have the rev limiter built into the system like the club cars do. I don't know this as fact but have no reason to believe it's not true. I know my ST480 has no rev limiter on it but did have the mechanical governor on rear, adjusting that brought my cart up to 30mph and that's stock right from the factory. Changing tires brought it up to 38-39mph. With the new Kawasaki setup the rearend ratio is such that you should be able to get 35 mph out of that cart.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #17
J&M Golf Carts
Getting Wild

Sounds like I might have to pick up an ST480 to tinker with! Thanks for the info!
J&M Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&M Golf Carts View Post
Sounds like I might have to pick up an ST480 to tinker with! Thanks for the info!
You'll never regret it, vtwin vanguard, locker rear, hydraulic brakes. It made more sense to buy one (that's a better cart) than what I would of have if I'd built one. It was only a little more than most vtwin kits cost but it did take a few months till I found the right deal. I don't understand why there's not more people with them.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All of them that we have seen 4 sale here have been priced high. So ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
All of them that we have seen 4 sale here have been priced high. So ...
I haven't been paying much attention to what they're selling for lately but I remember seeing several sell for around and under the $3000 dollar mark. (I passed up a NICE one a guy was asking $2700 for on the BU forum) After kicking myself in the @$$ a few times that's when I decided to get one, it took several months but I found mine on ebay. The auction reserve was never met but I was high bidder on it. I sent the guy an email asking if he wanted to sell it to me and how much. His reply was $2500, I think my high bid on it was $2750 when the auction closed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO