lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2021, 11:38 AM   #1
moonman95
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 dragging

Hey guys,
im looking for some help with a problem on a 2018 Yamaha Drive 2 . (GAS) fuel injected.
The problem seems to be the cart is "dragging" when you try to drive it..goes maybe 5-7 mph and struggles with any sort of incline or terrian change. Some things i have already done are check and replace both clutches. the belt is not damaged or out of spec in width. cart rolls great in neutral. no brake sticking. throttle cable assembly is correct and not damaged. changed spark plug.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!!
moonman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2021, 11:45 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 dragging

Have you tried looking up through the exhaust from under cart to see if you have a spark arrestor? if so take it off and try cart again...not sure if 2018 had them or not but when they clog your cart either lacks power or stops running completely...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:56 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I believe on your cart looking up from underneath there is a plastic cover for your motor, toward back drivers side there is an exhaust dump held in by rubber tabs..take those loose and pull cover you should see the end of your exhaust pipe where your spark arrestor will be if it has one...It is a pain to take off usually because it takes an allen wrench and there is little room...
Old 07-16-2021, 12:09 PM   #4
moonman95
Not Yet Wild

yeah i know it has a spark arrestor, i have not tried removing it yet though. ill give it a try this weekend and get back to yuh, Thanks for the suggestion
Old 07-16-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Awesome...hope that's your issue its the first thing I look for on Drive 2's with this problem it is very common. If it is clogged and removing fixes it for best performance replace the spark plug again after removing it as it is probably fouled already trying to run this way...
Old 07-19-2021, 09:36 AM   #6
moonman95
Not Yet Wild

just removed the spark arrestor, i now have all power back! thanks for the help. Thats awesome!
Old 07-19-2021, 09:39 AM   #7
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad your back in action
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha