lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
BostonBob
Not Yet Wild

Default Should I install Lift Kit before selling?

Hi all,

I have a real nice 2002 CC that is green, has the rear seat and SS Hubcaps. I need new batteries since the Trojans are shot and at least one is cracked.

I was planning on buying new Trojans for about $800 and then installing a lift kit for another $800. Instead, I bought a 2001 EZGO that is already lifted, has custom paint and a stereo. I now need to sell my Club Car.

My question to the experts - do you think I would make a profit if I installed a lift kit first?

I paid $2800 for my cart back in 2006. I figured with new Trojans it would be worth at least $2000. Possibly $2500. I figured with a brand new lift kit it would be worth $3500. Maybe my numbers are wrong - but I would think it is easier to sell lifted carts.

Any thoughts?
BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Should I install Lift Kit before selling?

NOt in my humble opinion... sell it as is and let the new buyer decide what they want.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I'm going to have to agree with Scotty! sell it with new batteries, get what you can,
And let the new buyer decide if they want to keep it stock, raise it, or lower it!
If you lift it, you'll have to put bigger tires on it for it to look right! (more $$$ out of your pocket!)

my 2 cents
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure how carts are looked at but with Jeeps, the closer to stock it is, you usually get more for it from the average Joe. Large tires, lift, specialty roll cages, bead locks, etc, means it's probably been wheeled and abused somewhat. People "might" think the same when it comes to carts. I just don't know if there is a similarity in the two. Good luck with your sale.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

I agree with these guys. We all know lifts and tires are cool, but in the general marketplace I don't think it will appeal to the most buyers and you won't get your money back. Let the new owner decide.......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
BostonBob
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I am starting to think the same way. I would hate to drop $800 for lift and wheels and then have to sell at a loss. I think I am going to fix only the bad batteries and sell it as is. It's a great cart - just not what I wanted.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
BostonBob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Scotty! sell it with new batteries, get what you can,
And let the new buyer decide if they want to keep it stock, raise it, or lower it!
If you lift it, you'll have to put bigger tires on it for it to look right! (more $$$ out of your pocket!)

my 2 cents
Don - that is one awesome looking cart!!! Bravo!!
Old 05-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Don - that is one awesome looking cart!!! Bravo!!
Thanks Bob!
And that's a perfect "for instance" why I said, what I said!
IF I were to try to sell my cart, I'd take a HUGE loss with all of the cash I have into it!

Sooo... I'll keep it, and keep adding to it!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
Loosewire
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I bought mine not expecting to replace the batteries but wanting to lift it, paint it and put new tires on it. I ended up replacing the batteries right after I bought it, but the PO paid for two of them. I agree with adding new batteries, but let someone else accessorize it to their liking. That's all part of the experience in owning one, IMHO.

I could never get the money back that I've put into mine, but I don't plan to sell it anytime soon either.

Last edited by Loosewire; 05-03-2010 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: can't spell this AM...
Loosewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #10
bussted
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just bought an 04 Precedent and I want to lift it something horrible and as much as i would have loved to bought one already lifted I didnt even though i have seen many for sale. Myself I would rather get a newer car with my money then buy the stuff to lift then spend the money i have on an older car with lift already installed. Using your numbers if my budget was say $3500 Myself i would rather buy an 04 or 05 stock then an 02 lifted and if my budget was $2000 and i could buy your 02 with new batteries i would rather buy that than someones 97 with a lift... just my .02
bussted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car