lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #11
CamoCart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Wheel Studs too Short for 3 inch wheel Spacer

Found the problem this morning after pulling off my front wheel and comparing the spacer to the one on the front. They are made by different companies but both are the same size. After further inspection the difference is in the lug nut length. The lug nuts with the spacer on the back are much longer than the one's that came with the spacers on the front. So, based on this I am not as concerned about the stud not going all the way through the lug nut on the back. I will take two off the back and put on the front on each side for more peace of mind.

Bad news is it took entirely too long to figure this out. Good news is I do not have to replace the studs any longer.
CamoCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCart View Post
Well, I am officially a dumb ***.... Took the parking brake off and the rear drum came off with one hand. Thanks for everyone helping me now you can make fun of me...

I will be off to the store in the morning to buy some longer studs for my spacers.
OH we WILL!!!! J/K this all part of it. "Trying and then asking questions and then realizing ..DUH! If you only knew how many times I have done the very same thing, asked the question, then I got this intense pain on my forehead where the heal of my hand hit it and hearing someone saying "DUMB A$$, WHY DIDN'T YOU THINK OF THAT" so in short, at one time or another we all have been there.

Glad you got things straighten out.

Now when you coming to ARAB?
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #13
pdc10
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

As long as you can get 4 full turns you shouldnt have a problem. Mixing the long nuts with the short ones makes no difference. the same number of threads are still grabing the studs.
pdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #14
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

They will be fine. Rule on bolts is you need as much thread as the O.D. of the bolt to achieve full torque. So all you need is 1/2" of thread for a 1/2" bolt. Any more makes no difference.
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO