lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default cart slowed to a crawl

I want to confirm my problem with cart. Cart was running great yesterday but noticed a slight hesitation a couple of times. I charged cart last night.
I went for a ride and cart started fine, went maybe 500 yards and it slowed to crawl. I was able to get back to camp and checked all wires. Everything was tight and no heat on any connection.
I figured it must have something to do with throttle. (cart is a 2003 series). I put the meter to the number 3 and 2 controller pins. At zero throttle I'm reading 8400 ohms. At full throttle reading is just over 2000 ohms. Am I taking the reading at the right positions and do these indicate a bad throttle input?
Thanks for any help. Mike
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: cart slowed to a crawl

What yr cart? What throttle input is this?
Sounds like the #s are off.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Its a 2003 DS cart 48v. I looked at wiring diagram stickies and could not find correct diagram.(I'm electric challenged) It is a series cart but throttle doesn't look like Pots. in diagram. Throttle is under floor, more of a rectangular shape than curved as in diagrams. No resistors, but there is a large spring under floor on go petal. I assume this is just a return spring. As stated before cart was running great till yesterday. I did install 23" tires, but they replaced 22" tires previously on cart, so shouldn't be that much of a shock to system. New tires are much more aggressive. Does this qualify me for a new 500a Alltrax.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Does this qualify me for a new 500a Alltrax.
It just might as far as Mrs. Buckman is concerned
Mike, It might be that linkage is jacked on the MCOR.... Your ohms reading was way too high to start and did not go down far enough to give more than half throttle.....

Maybe one of these good CC guys can give you some better help?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I might have to do the swap from my EZ_GO sooner than expected. If I do PB-6 and matching controller I should be good to go? Right? Wrong? Need a confirm from someone before I make that decision. EZ-GO runs now, so don't want two broke carts.
I'm going to post his question in EZ-Go section too, to get the most feed back. So sorry for double post question.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I posted on the other thread 2... the CC should be okay with a little throttle repair. Unless the MCOR went south, which I doubt.

And yes the pot and controller just need to be able to talk. the cart doesn't care what the speak 0-5k or 5k-0 you got that part right.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:11 PM   #7
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Yesterday evening I could barely get cart to move 10 feet. Went to work on it a little while ago and cart ran fine. I drove close to a mile and had no problems. This makes me think I may have a controller on the way out. I felt controller after riding and there was no excess heat, in fact it was cool to the touch. It seems that I have read where controllers die a slow death sometimes. Does this sound correct to the cart gurus?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car